EV vehicles

Earlier this year, his brother got a letter from Tesla that he shouldn't be parking his car inside due to fire hazard...which pissed him off as he has a 3 car garage and had a plug put inside 2 bays...he had to get an extender to plug outside.
is that recommendation to park the car outside a bona fide Tesla recommendation??

i know in Germany some cities have banned EVs from underground car parks - worrying indeed

is that recommendation to park the car outside a bona fide Tesla recommendation??

i know in Germany some cities have banned EVs from underground car parks - worrying indeed
That's a good question as I never saw the documentation....

I know there have been 4 fires around here which have been traced back to the charging of EV vehicles in a garage.....all plug ins were professionally installed and these were high end homes.

I personally think that letter probably came from the fire marshal's office....or the insurance company...

What's interesting is even the big wind turbines use oil to lubricate their gearbox....something like 60 gallons of oil per unit....

Even though it has a change interval of 36 months, think of how many of these units are in use not to mention the vehicles required to go and do the oil changes.....some of these wind turbines are in very remote locations.

Not looking so green in my estimate.

What's interesting is even the big wind turbines use oil to lubricate their gearbox....something like 60 gallons of oil per unit....

Even though it has a change interval of 36 months, think of how many of these units are in use not to mention the vehicles required to go and do the oil changes.....some of these wind turbines are in very remote locations.

Not looking so green in my estimate.
Not to mention the burden of the turbine blades that reach end of life and have to go to landfill. Although they are finally begining to discover they can shred and grind them and use them as cement modifiers.

At great expense!

Just because you can go green doesn't mean you should.

Like it or not fossil fuels are going to be a part of our lives for a long while.

Not to mention the burden of the turbine blades that reach end of life and have to go to landfill. Although they are finally begining to discover they can shred and grind them and use them as cement modifiers.

At great expense!

Just because you can go green doesn't mean you should.

Like it or not fossil fuels are going to be a part of our lives for a long while.
What I chuckle at are these "green" EV drivers currently looking down their noses at all us ICE drivers....

I just saw an advertisement for an EV motorcycle with a whopping 100km range....it's an adventure style machine too.....I just couldn't see myself going down a logging trail in the middle of nowhere with the thought of running out of juice in the back of my mind the whole time....there would be zero enjoyment.

What I chuckle at are these "green" EV drivers currently looking down their noses at all us ICE drivers....

I just saw an advertisement for an EV motorcycle with a whopping 100km range....it's an adventure style machine too.....I just couldn't see myself going down a logging trail in the middle of nowhere with the thought of running out of juice in the back of my mind the whole time....there would be zero enjoyment.
Well it has sort of become a cult to own an EV. Tesla by and large builds a shitty car with a lot of poor quality. And Elon tells us as much. He still maintains he is not a car company. He's a tech co.

Yet they buy and swear the car is magical because they don't have to pay $4+ for gas. On the surface they think they are winning. Until they try and get a repair done. Or get through a vehicular crash with the insurance carrier.

Look I'd love to go EV. I think they are the future. But we just aren't there yet. And if I'm going to buy something my $$ is still better spent elsewhere.

All of the "Green" technologies are not financially viable. They depend on govt subsidies. If Elon couldn't depend on govt energy credits, he or rather Tesla would be bankrupt.

I think Toyota is taking a more realistic approach. Hydrogen vehicles. Wwwwwaaaaayyyy greener.

I just watched a report on TV where a lady was riding her E-bicycle on a back woods trail and for some reason it lost all battery juice in a matter of minutes....she had to pedal the bike back and she was out about 20 kms or so....she said she was exhausted when she got back as the E-bike weighs so much it was a hard pedal.

I see those things whizzing around here all the time and never really thought about how much suck it would be to pedal them like a normal bicycle.

Out working in the garage and observe two obese people riding by on their e-bicycles....not once did their pedal arms move...I thought it certainly wouldn't have harmed them one bit to be out pedaling a bicycle verses sitting on one..

These same people will tell their doctor that they are riding a bicycle X days a week...but omit the fact they aren't getting any exercise while doing so...

Out working in the garage and observe two obese people riding by on their e-bicycles....not once did their pedal arms move...I thought it certainly wouldn't have harmed them one bit to be out pedaling a bicycle verses sitting on one..

These same people will tell their doctor that they are riding a bicycle X days a week...but omit the fact they aren't getting any exercise while doing so...
Yeah...lol. I watch probably 20% of the people at the gym, sitting on any random workout machine, spending more time on their cell than they ever do actually using the machine.

In sure they tell everyone, they work out X days a week.

Tesla sure treats their people rough....I keep seeing the name Tesla in the headlines and it isn't because of good things...

Yeah...lol. I watch probably 20% of the people at the gym, sitting on any random workout machine, spending more time on their cell than they ever do actually using the machine.

In sure they tell everyone, they work out X days a week.
I had a run in with one of these people years ago in the base gym...

He was on the only decent pec-deck and on his phone, I was doing other chest work outs while awaiting the pec-deck of which he hadn't used in 20 mins...

When I went to him and asked him if I could jump in to do some reps he said "I'm using it bro"...firstly I told him I'm not his bro and I've seen him sitting on it for 20 mins on his phone. I further told him he is in a military establishment and should be conducting himself as such.

He got all huffy and banged stuff around while getting off it. I told him who I was and asked him what his unit was and the name of his superior...then he settled down....but I still found out who he was and who he worked for and called him to let him know how this guy acted as he could have issues nobody is tracking....

While out for a walk earlier this morning (while it was still relatively cool out) I noticed a crew paving a local county road..

So there I was alone with my thoughts (which is a dangerous thing) and the whole EV thing is a farce when it comes to the elimination of petroleum products...all that oil needed to make roads, the vehicles themselves and most likely to re-charge them in forms of liquid propane/natural gas or coal.....not to mention the need for vehicles and equipment to extract the materials needed to make the batteries as well as housing and moving the workers to these remote sites

While out for a walk earlier this morning (while it was still relatively cool out) I noticed a crew paving a local county road..

So there I was alone with my thoughts (which is a dangerous thing) and the whole EV thing is a farce when it comes to the elimination of petroleum products...all that oil needed to make roads, the vehicles themselves and most likely to re-charge them in forms of liquid propane/natural gas or coal.....not to mention the need for vehicles and equipment to extract the materials needed to make the batteries as well as housing and moving the workers to these remote sites

FB_IMG_1647088906326.jpg

I was watching "Jay Leno's Garage" this evening and he often has EV on his show...he was in an EV Hummer this evening and praising it to the sky....I certainly wouldn't want to be out in the middle of nowhere in an EV that eats up power and will need charging...

Oddly enough the last episode I watched he was driving a RAM TRX and flogging that hard...

I watched part of Biden's speech regarding the US government infusing money into EV in giving rebates for people to buy new and used EV and 7.5 billion to put charging stations across the US..

The first thing I thought was they are really putting the cart before the horse...putting charging stations in but not building up the infrastructure to support them makes little sense...people will be able to charge up an EV and then go home to a brown out as there isn't enough power for it all..

Then coal fired electrical generating stations will be fired back up...

Instead of rebates, why doesn't the government just step in and cap prices for these vehicles...if they want to have governmental overreach they might as well go full hog....

I watched part of Biden's speech regarding the US government infusing money into EV in giving rebates for people to buy new and used EV and 7.5 billion to put charging stations across the US..

The first thing I thought was they are really putting the cart before the horse...putting charging stations in but not building up the infrastructure to support them makes little sense...people will be able to charge up an EV and then go home to a brown out as there isn't enough power for it all..

Then coal fired electrical generating stations will be fired back up...

Instead of rebates, why doesn't the government just step in and cap prices for these vehicles...if they want to have governmental overreach they might as well go full hog....
You've pretty much just described what is going on in the green state of Ca. They are trying to eliminate ICE. Yet they have a shortage of electricity. Gas no one can afford. And now Ca has to buy coal fired electricity just to avoid black outs.

Classic cart, horse.

Back