european hayabusa

mikebusa99

Registered
I was on cycletrader.com and someone is selling a 99 hayabusa that is a european version.And they say it has more horsepower.Is this true?

This one?

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/0/6/53593806.htm

If you were trying to sell at $4000 over market, you would say anything to find a sucker to buy.
wink.gif

im in japan, can get a spanking new euro spec less than the cost of a can/us spec, 2003 for equal to or less than that add in the cycletrader... that guy isnt going to sell it at that price even with 0 miles, especially not 3k! some people...
laugh.gif

one easy way to find out.... ge tthe vin and call suzuki in santa ana and im sure they could tell u everything about the bike.

Funny.........I thought Europe was much more restricted when it comes to speed. I believe it was because of Europe that Suzuki decided to speed restrict busas.........I could be wrong though.
brave.gif

As far as I can see the Euro Busa is performance wise no different to a US model. Suzuki decided to restrict the Mother ship to 186 mph, instead of governments stepping in and forcing Manufacturers to comply. All manufacturers have aggreed to limit there Bikes from 2000.
firedevil.gif

2001, not 2000.

The agreement was signed in 2000, but NO bikes were limited until the 2001 model year (which is probably where the misconception came that half or all of 2000 was restricted).

The owner must have bought this bike thinking it had an investment option ....he should have just rode it, enjoyed it, and then tried to sell it with 20K+ mles on...basically after 4 years the owner has had it just sitting up--- what a waste of a great bike!

Restrictions on bike performance from, I think all manufacturers are driven from US requirements, the biggest market in the world? Look back to 1975 , what killed the Kawasaki H2 750? ... US emission regulations.

As far as power goes, the European bikes come with a "Katalysator". If memory serves, California bikes also come with catalytics, but only dyno at 1-3 hp lower.

In other words: Euro bikes don't have any magical extra horsepower, but they do have catalytic converters.

Yeap, I have a 2001 Busa bought in here (Portugal) and it has the usual specs... The speed is limited to 300km/h (186MPH) and no extra power at all (I even think mine has problems with power since wheelies don't come naturally)... Speed restrictions in Europe depend on country you are, in Germany for example, some auto-bahns don't have restrictions at all!!!! In Portugal speed limit on highways is 120km/h (74MPH) but you can drive safely until 140 (87MPH) without getting fined... more than that and you have to be careful with the unidentified police cars that have cameras and radars and might get you without you even noticing!! Usually here, unidentified police cars are Subaru's Impreza, BMW 530TDS and Nissan Almera's (don't know if that name makes sense to you guys)... That was just for you to have an idea. If you want an idea of how people respect the speed limits in Europe you can always visit www.ghostridermovie.net and watch this Swedish guy (LOLOL) ;)

The only difference is that the Euro bikes are welded in a different way. I did mucho research in Japan before I bought a Canadian and shipped home with me. All Euro bikes do not meet NHST standards for frame strength. But if I jacked my price up 4K, I'd even offer a ride in on of my squadrons helo's.
FATJAP

I'm guessing the guy MEANT higher top speed rather than higher horsepower. Who knows how "up" he is on what he has. Some guys just buy stuff because it looks cool or the engine sounds nice. Ummmm....with that comment I'll end my post  ;)

Dep

So what you are saying Fatjap is that Euro bike frames are welded in one Japanese Factory While Canadian Frames are welded in another and so on, well you learn something every day.
I take it that the guy who welded the faulty rear subframes intended them for the Euro market, I wonder if he got his bonus that month!!!

Actually the Euro's are made the same way, only not as many welds and a different strength of weld. Thats my understanding. It was a language barrier as well. I caught most of the conversation (in japanese) with the factory and my dealer.

FATJAP

Back