European FRAUD?

GRANDPA

Registered
Looking to find any European Hayabusa riders. I was offered what appears to be a good deal on a used Busa in Austria. Owner says he bought it in the U.S. but said he could not use it in Europe as it did not meet European specs. Are there any differences in the specs, or is this just a scam?

it might be because he didnt realize that the licensing over there u must start off small like a 250 and work ur way up to a 1300.... not like over here where u can get ur license and go out and buy a busa for ur first bike....

dude be very worried especially if they offer free shipping get a phone number and check it out. there are a couple guys in spain selling busas well selling bs is more like it on ebay with all kinds of stories about how there in the military or cant register it or what ever ive helped the ebay people stop about 7 busa auctions in the last month so beware

Looking to find any European Hayabusa riders. I was offered what appears to be a good deal on a used Busa in Austria. Owner says he bought it in the U.S. but said he could not use it in Europe as it did not meet European specs. Are there any differences in the specs, or is this just a scam?
Welcome to the board.  I always thought that it was the other way around.  That European models didn't meet US standards and they had to be brought up to spec. I think I would steer away from this one. Something just doesn't sound right.

Yeah sounds shady for sure. There are different specs but they are pretty basic. for example speedo and exhaust regs and little stuff like that. Usually it is harder though to send Euro specs to the states and more costly

Same story, different bike.

Someone on cycleforums just had this scam run on them. It was a different bike though.

Hi guys,
It is relatively common in the UK to get 'parrallel' imports (thats bikes that are available in the country you are in, you just buy them from overseas, - Grey imports are bikes that are not normally available in the country you are in).
I have just bought a US spec import, the only difference is the clocks and headlight adjustment and the dealer rectifies these before sale.
I think the only country in Europe that has huge differences is France, from recolection, when I had my Blackbird I know that the French version was massively limited on power.
In my opinion, if you are buying an import from a dealer, then go ahead, but I wouldnt ship a second hand one myself, if it goes horribly wrong, you dont have a leg to stand on.
Just as a comparison, I paid about £7,600.00 Sterling for my K3 US import.

Andy

Yep, scam I'd say. My cousin is lookin for a ZX12 and a guy says he's got one in Spain a 02 for $4700. yeah right!

BEWARE! Just to give you an update, and to warn anyone you know: There is an ad on Cycletrader for a 2001 busa for $5200. Phone number is fake, and owner is in Austria even though it says Virginia Beach, VA.??? After dealing with the guy, he assured me that he had already shipped it to my address (at a cost of $1400 which he paid himself) even though I had not sent any money yet. He even provides a web page with a tracking number and a pretty good looking shipping verification, then urged me to wire the money, after all he had done his part. But low and behold, he is still answering ads for the bike and giving the same story despite that fact that the bike is no supposedly on it's way to my door. I will give you more info if anyone wants it.:angry:

Back