Eurobikes carbon fiber vented fender

TurboSN95

Registered
Well, the fender arrived... It looks incredible, except for one spot that is 'yellow'. It looks like a mess up in the clear. I sent off an email to Manny @ Eurobikes, hoping he can give me a refund or exchange it for a non-defective one when they do make more. But I really like how it came out otherwise and hope he'll make things right.

Maybe i'm being anal, but my bike doesn't have a scratch on it, and I'd like to keep it as show quality as possible. If the blem was in the back of the fender, where it wasn't visible, I wouldn't care!

P1060001__Medium_.JPG

+4 send back
cost you too much not to be right

or give it to ranman as an early christmas present.

If its just in the clear , you could wetsand it with some 1500 and buff it out. I understand its new , but if your like me ...... i wouldnt be able to wait ... i love that fender , i wouldnt be able to wait to put it on. just trying to give you another option to deal with it now.

Looks like Manny is allowing me to return it, I just hope that I am not getting wacked with a 20% restocking fee. There's a defect in the workmanship, its not like I simply changed my mind.

Dan
THAT IS THE WAY CARBON FIBER IS
SHIP IT BACK TO US IF YOU WANT
IT HAS TO BE PROPERLY PACKED AND INSURED AGAINST DAMMAGE AS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY DAMMAGED PRODUCTS.PLEASE REFER TO OUR RETURN POLICY ON OUR SITE WWW.EUROBIKES.COM
TKS
MANNY

I'll see Manny this Saturday at the D.C. CycleShow. Let me know if there's a message you want me to give him in person?

(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 08 2007,11:12) Dan
THAT IS THE WAY CARBON FIBER IS
SHIP IT BACK TO US IF YOU WANT
IT HAS TO BE PROPERLY PACKED AND INSURED AGAINST DAMMAGE AS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY DAMMAGED PRODUCTS.PLEASE REFER TO OUR RETURN POLICY ON OUR SITE WWW.EUROBIKES.COM
TKS
MANNY
That's not a cool response
rock.gif

(sageronin @ Jan. 08 2007,09:48) I'll see Manny this Saturday at the D.C. CycleShow. Let me know if there's a message you want me to give him in person?
Do you know him? I have not heard a response back from him yet... i basically said that I dont feel that I should pay a 20% restocking fee, this isn't a case where I just decided to send it back, I honestly feel that it isn't done right, and he should take it back. I'll eat the shipping costs, but that is about it. No way should he be making money off of this transaction, especially when I asked for pictures before he sent it and he wouldn't !!!

I'll get my credit card company involved if worse comes to worse. Although I was trying to think of a sticker or decal that can go over that spot that would be 'clean' and not tacky. Nothing really has come to mind yet and i'm not a fan of stickers.

Turbosn95

That wasnt a cool response at all , i have been thinking about getting one of these eurobike fenders. I was going to paint mine black so that spot wouldnt matter .... this makes me think twice about ordering from this company. And for the record THAT ISNT HOW CARBON FIBER is , he is trying to cover his ass. That looks like a blemish in the clear coat , maybe something they leaned it up against while it was drying. I can show you whole hoods , which is a bigger piece of fabric then that fender and they are flawless.

Thanks for the reassurance DonnieF... Here's my latest email to Manny, I tried calling but got the answering machine, and he never replied to my email from this morning.
*****************************************************************************************
Manny, I tried calling but got an answering machine. I need to know exactly what you are refunding me, I would LIKE the full amount ($289.99) and I will pay shipping back to you. I would at least accept the full amount of the fender back ($279.99). If you are taking 20% off like your return policy mentions, I will be very upset and will be calling my credit card company. There is no reason for you to make money off this transaction, 20% of $279.99 is $56, plus the $10 I paid to ship to me, and $10 to ship back is $76…. $76 for me to open a box and find a product in this shape and to have to ship it out is UNACCEPTABLE. So please let me know what the deal is.

I did think of another option and I’m not sure if you want to go this route or not, but I’m putting it out on the table. If you wanted to give me a partial refund for the blemish, I might be up for that… maybe I can find a way to hide the blemish, with a sticker or an emblem, I’m not sure… But I did not want to have any stickers on my bike. We can discuss the amount if you want to go this route, I highly doubt you will find someone that will accept this fender as is. Let me know, so far everyone on the Hayabusa forum is shocked that you would have sent me that and that is not how carbon fiber is. I would like to make things better and show them that you did the right thing on your part, as they are already stating that they were going to order parts from you but now they are not sure they want to anymore.

Dan Lombardi

Here's a close up of the spot that i'm upset about... I think you guys are right, its gotta be the clear. Like there is too much clear in this 'valley' and its just thick. There's even bubbles in there.

P1080001__Large_.JPG

At least he's being funny about it now....

Hi
Dan, you almost wrote a book here.
obviously if the part is defective, there is no re stocking fee.
We did not get a chance to completelyunwrape the fender,we only pulled a corner off, as you called the same day we got the shipment and things were pretty busy here shipping the back orders.
Here is how we can go about this:
1: Send it back and get a refund for $279.99.
2: Send it back and we will order you a new one, but this come from Europe and the turn around will be about 4 weeks.These are pretty trick fenders compare to what is out there and I think it is worth the wait, but it is my opinion.
3:Jump on it, drive your car over it,put it under your rear tire and do a burnout, take it with you every time you go to the bathroom to remind you what a piece a s... it is, and then when the riding season comes as the weather is beautiful and the birds are singing place it under your lawn mower for that final kill and closure. After all this for the grand finally, put it on EBAY and sell it as a used fender that was never used but has a few scratches....and ask for best offer...
PS: Option 3, although a real option is one that should be considered as a last resort when everything else fails.
Hope I MADE YOU LAUGH.
4:give me a call at 703 257 9500 to discuss discounting the part for the blemish

Sincerely
Manny....whoa, I wrote a book myself....

(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 09 2007,09:29) At least he's being funny about it now....

Hi
Dan, you almost wrote a book here.
obviously if the part is defective, there is no re stocking fee.
We did not get a chance to completelyunwrape the fender,we only pulled a corner off, as you called the same day  we got the shipment and things were pretty busy here shipping the back orders.
Here is how we can go about this:
1: Send it back and get a refund for $279.99.
2: Send it back and we will order you a new one, but this come from Europe and the turn around will be about 4 weeks.These are pretty trick fenders compare to what is out there and I think it is worth the wait, but it is my opinion.
3:Jump on it, drive your car over it,put it under your rear tire and do a burnout, take it with you every time you go to the bathroom to remind you what a piece a s... it is, and then when the riding season comes as the weather is beautiful and the birds are singing place it under your lawn mower for that final kill and closure. After all this for the grand finally, put it on EBAY and sell it as a used fender that was never used but has a few scratches....and ask for best offer...
PS: Option 3, although a real option is one that should be considered as a last resort when everything else fails.
Hope I MADE YOU LAUGH.
4:give me a call at 703 257 9500 to discuss discounting the part for the blemish

Sincerely
Manny....whoa, I wrote a book myself....
There's a good response. At least he's will to work with you.

I was looking at this one... $249:

12cc_1.JPG

Back