Eureka Springs

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
The states of Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas state troopers meet every quarter of the year in one of the states. This has been a regular event to exchange ideas and eat a good lunch.
I was invited 6 months ago because of the increased interest in motorcycle safety and to answer questions about the Hayabusa program. Many of these troopers are command staff and many of them ride off duty. They are truly concerned with the increase in motorcycle crashes and realize it will probably get worse with the high gas prices, which translates into more untrained riders hitting the streets.(no pun intended)
I have spoken with the Captain and Professor about attending the meeting June 20th, they were in.
I asked our Major and the KHP Major if they would consider moving this months meeting to Eureka Springs and having an open invitation to the ORG members to attend.
They agreed and it is in the works.
This is an informal meet and greet, they want to have lunch and discuss motorcycle safety and get the ORG members input on how to get a handle on the problem.
We have a general consensus that enforcement alone is not going to solve the problems with the younger riders (squids). I explained to them the ORG is made up of mature riders that truly love the sport and are equally disturbed with the bad name some riders give to "sportbikes".
Thats it in a small nutshell. this would give you a chance to meet four state police agencies and voice face to face some ideas you may have to help our sport.
If you want to attend, I will have more info on the place and time on Friday (20th)
all I ask is you have some ideas in mind to discuss.
I just saw a commercial on motorcycle safety, the theme was "watch for motorcycles, which was generated out of our highway safety office on OKC, so the topic is very important. I would like to see more signs and bumper stickers "watch for motorcycles" to get the cagers more aware of us. Those are the types of ideas they need to here from all of us.
I will be at the Roadrunner Inn Thursday night and ride to Point West Friday to meet with everyone. We could do a group ride to the lunch/meeting.
Let me know if you want to attend.

I will have my K8 and the 06 OHP Busa

http://ohpbusa.blogspot.com/

Thanks
Capt, Steve Howell#38
Troop Commander OHP Motor Unit

Hope to ge to ride with you again soon. Even though it does mean bahaving and following the speed limits
whistling.gif

Sir , I work for the Kansas Department of Transportation & We also are supporting Motorcycle Awareness using our Local Scout Boards. I have the Luxury of Meeting & Talking with Kansas State Troopers who use our Sub-Area to fuel up to continue on there shifts. I think this is a Real good idea. It would be a pleasure to meet with the Troopers & discuss safety issues. I'm in !!
thumb_up.gif

Good deal Steve. I saw the commercial also and was very pleased. It is my opinion that Oklahoma does not have a very good motorcycle awareness program. Your statements are spot on, there are great number of new riders on the street, not sure of who has training who does not. It with regret that I will not be arriving in Eureka until late that evening. Thank you for arranging this opportunity. See you Friday night.

Steve, thanks for the invite! I probably won't make it by noon, but look forward to seeing you again Friday evening!

--Omar

My wife and I are leaving Kansas City early on Friday morning and hope to be at the Pointe West before noon. Would be a pleasure to see you again and meet with the troopers.
ThumbsUp.gif

Topic pinned.

This would be a great opportunity for our community to have a voice in issues involving motorcycle safety!
thumb_up.gif

would really like to attend... I will be rolling in late Wednesday evening...

Ms. Semi and i should arrive in time to be able to attend
beerchug.gif

The meeting will be held at the Best Western Motel of the Ozarks, 207 West Van Buren, Eureka Springs, AR (Hwy 62 West)
The meeting will begin at 1000 hours.
We can leave from Point West at 0900.

My wife and I are leaving from Illinois in the morning, and will not have time to be there for lunch, but maybe we can meet up in the evening. I hope to have a chance to meet you. My father was a MO State Patrol officer.

Great meeting, just the fact that officers from four states were talking and listening to riders is great
beerchug.gif
. Thanks for putting this together.

Sir, I would be interested in any information about the program you have instituted. Cleaning up squid wrecks is getting old.

Back