Essential Songs for a Guitar beginner

+1 to all the stuff about learning chords and positions, etc. That's the foundation that'll take you anywhere you wanna go.

As far as a "must learn song", given that you've and acoustic electric, I'll go with:

Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin

Best of luck!

Learns Chords, Scales, chord progression the songs will come later. PLAY PLAY PLAY, and then PLAY some more. Even if your just sitting on the couch noodleing around get the guitar in your hands. After a while you will be able to pick out parts of somgs and play be ear..

LEARN HOW TO TUNE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, + Clapton, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughn

:whistle:

I LOVE guitar music. I want to buy one SOOO bad.

Guess I'll keep dreaming ..................

Now you're talking! Add a little Keb Mo and some of the old time great blues players and I'll join you for a beer and night of real misic. We have a House of Blues here in San Diego and all they play is crap.

Mark

the anthem:thumbsup: one of my favorites from Jimmi:beerchug: I told my daughter that if she doesn't learn to play it right, I'll beat her with the guitar:laugh: j/k one by metallica is another good one

Learns Chords, Scales, chord progression the songs will come later. PLAY PLAY PLAY, and then PLAY some more. Even if your just sitting on the couch noodleing around get the guitar in your hands. After a while you will be able to pick out parts of somgs and play be ear..

:rofl: Thats the first thing i made my son learn was tuning:thumbsup:
if you learn your chords then learn some tab, you will never regret it.

Some guitars can't be tuned, my first electric guitar was sooooo cheapo, intonation could never be set properly.:banghead:

Probably not your style, but these are some of the ones I keep playing over the years. Easy and popular.

Sweet home Alabama
Proud Mary
The Gambler
King of the Road
Get Back
I will Survive
Country Roads

In my dreams, I play [URL="
this[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as a "must learn song", given that you've and acoustic electric, I'll go with:

Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin

Best of luck!

Heh, I'm learning that right now!

Of the many from him, this is a truly great guitar melody... I never get bored listening 'and' now playing it!

Thread re-animated for additional opinions..

So far, I've got a solid Santana song called Hoy es Adios, Fur Elysse, Greensleaves, Hungerstrike by Temple of the Dog and I'm working on the National Anthem not to mention various other tidbits like Dust in the Wind by Kansas and Landslide by Fleetwood Mack.. This is after neglecting the guitar for several months..

Why would you guess that? ???

I have a large backlog of songs to learn and still a beginner so progress is slow or limited to relatively simple songs..

Some very easy songs for class guitar like: lagrima by Francisco Tarrega

Bach's Bouree in E Minor is a fun one to learn and play. Fur Elise is a great sounding, simple classical piece.

off the top of my head
fliter hey man nice shot
silverchair 2marrow
guns and roses
tool parabol and parabola jambi lateralis sober cold and ugly
weezer the sweater song\
a perfect circle stranger oestres magladala the outsider 3 libra's

Back