Error codes C24 & C27...

gulag

Registered
Thought I would contribute a bit to the forum.

I have a 04 Busa, and was doing cam timing on it,, after reassemby I got the FI light, reading C24 and C27, which is ignition related error, coil 1 and coil 4.

I googled a lot before tearing the bike apart, and found out that a lot of people getting these errors have gotten it after some kind of top-end work, valve adjustments, ring replacements etc. and many had posted that they opened the valve cover to find that the intake camshaft had jumped a tooth.. which was the case in my bike...(all fixed now)

I did not install the cams incorrectly, they were dialled in, what happened was it jumped a tooth when I started it the first time, it seems the cam chain tensioner isnt pushing the chain enough without the oil pressure, even though I manually pressed it...

just wanted to let everyone know...

cheers from iceland..

Thought I would contribute a bit to the forum.

I have a 04 Busa, and was doing cam timing on it,, after reassemby I got the FI light, reading C24 and C27, which is ignition related error, coil 1 and coil 4.

I googled a lot before tearing the bike apart, and found out that a lot of people getting these errors have gotten it after some kind of top-end work, valve adjustments, ring replacements etc. and many had posted that they opened the valve cover to find that the intake camshaft had jumped a tooth.. which was the case in my bike...(all fixed now)

I did not install the cams incorrectly, they were dialled in, what happened was it jumped a tooth when I started it the first time, it seems the cam chain tensioner isnt pushing the chain enough without the oil pressure, even though I manually pressed it...

just wanted to let everyone know...

cheers from iceland..
Did you have to adjust your timing again?

Back