Error Code C42 Ignition Switch Solution

Munchie

Registered
My 09' silver gave me a one-time error last year while out on the road. I had stopped for gas, preparing to leave, and the bike wouldn't start...FI Light, but I had no idea what that meant at the time. Got off the bike, poked and prodded a little...didn't see anything obvious, and then - it started up fine. ??? Several months go by, and it happens again, but after working the key or rotating the bars, once again it started up. ??? ???

I'm not sure if its a wiring issue or a switch issue, but now it will not start. No amount of bar turning, harness tugging has helped, but I do know the code: C42. I also know that I am to look for a specific (100ohm) resistance between conductors in the ignition harness, but I can't find which pair of conductors to check between...and I've searched for a couple hours today. I see a ton of references to adding a resistor to work-around the problem (which I am fine with doing rather than replace the ignition/trunk lock), but again...I can not find the information to do it.

On the plug side, I have the following wire colors:
Red
Blue
Orange
Gray
Orange/Yellow tracer (stripe)
Brown

On the harness side, I have the following wire colors:
Red
Orange/Red tracer (stripe)
Orange
Orange/Green tracer (stripe)
Green/Black tracer (stripe)
Brown

Other than Heli-Bars, and an Acro exhaust, the bike is completely stock...no modifications or alterations. Can anyone tell me which of the conductors I should check across to verify the target resistance? :please:

Michael

Don't have your answer but you might want to check your cable routing and make sure you have a little slack at stop left and right.

Thanks DoT...I had a suspected that early on due to the TSB about the harness routing (or something to that effect) for the early Gen II's...but it seemed to have the same amount of slack that my 08' Black and Grey has. Still not ruling that out as a possibility, but it "seemed" to look ok to me.

I bought this bike from the same dealership that I bought my 08 after the wreck that ended services for it (the 08). This bike had ~600 miles on it when I bought it, and I'm not sure if it had ever been looked at for the harness TSB (or if it was even on the list of units in the range that needed to be brought in)

I do appreciate the reply.

Hi have Suzuki hayabusa 2007 I have just changed the ignition switch and the code c42 has come up.no fuel pump priming so the black/White tracer wire of the ignition switch to the orange/white cut the outer and get some wire and join a 100ohm resistor and all fuel pump primed and the bike started and the fuel pump primed and the bike started I was so happy if the bike was running before changing ignition switch the OEM what u buy of eBay has no resistor in them I hope this helps everyone out there

Back