Entrepreneur  at work ...  again

http://www.corvettesalvage.com/
cool.gif

I know its early yet but how can you save gas and oil by buying a $100,000.00 plus car?
They're sports cars. Probably hand-built. They're not designed to be cheap.
tounge.gif

What I want to know is why car manufacturers cannot borrow a working idea and turn out a car thats even reasonable? You pay a premium to buy a Prius, and you get so little gain vs. a gas only car of the same size.

I've yet to see a hybrid do what my Burgman will do, fuel economy wise. I'll happily buy the first car that can do highway speeds, get 200 miles to a charge, and/or a 50 mile range with a generator to kick in when the battery gets low, and costs under $20k. I don't need a radio, I don't need fancy seats, I can live without air conditioning, and yet no one makes anything like what I've described.

When someone makes that, then this country will start converting to electric.

They still have alot of improvements to make. For one, if everyone, or say, 60% of the vehicles on the road were electric, our power companies would not be able to handle it, and we would have brown outs. The power grids just aren't setup that way.

For a day of shopping, every parking space in every parking lot would have to have a power outlet....which would require more power....which in turn would cause the price of goods to go up.

Which brings up another issue, nuclear power. We need more of it in this country. And wind and solar as well. Major changes do have to happen to support an electric car society. And I think the prices of our goods have already gone up quite a bit as a result of energy costs, don't you?
rock.gif
Electricity needs to make the leap from a pay-per-use utility to a monthly access utility.

Evil forces are at work here ( really )

Toyota produced the EV ( electric vehicle ) in the Rav4 format back in 96 I saw one on the local news a few weeks ago and even the report said no one knew why production stopped. WELL I just found this interesting read on the recall or why these cars were not for sale only "lease " or rent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV

Check this :
guns.gif

" Whether or not Toyota wanted to continue production, it was unlikely to be able to do so, because the EV-95 battery was no longer available. Chevron had inherited control of the worldwide patent rights for the NiMH EV-95 battery when it merged with Texaco, which had purchased them from General Motors. Chevron's unit won a $30,000,000 settlement from Toyota and Panasonic, and the production line for the large NiMH batteries was closed down and dismantled. Only smaller NiMH batteries, incapable of powering an electric vehicle or plugging in, are currently allowed by Chevron-Texaco.

So for those seven months in 2002 a full-sized production electric car was available for sale to the general public for the first time in decades. Buying one wasn't easy, however; just one special sales person at only a dozen dealers - and only in California - was authorized to sell the Toyota RAV4-EV. If an individual wasn't already aware of the car, they were generally unable to buy (or even see) one. Many would-be purchasers were steered instead to Toyota's Prius gasoline electric hybrid vehicle, despite having asked about the plug-in car. "

Chevron and Texaco own the battery Patent!
firedevil.gif

Hydrogen/Electric is the future of cars, not pure electric. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. With a Hydrogen/Electric you could drive many, many, many miles on one gallon. That wouldn't put money in the oil companies pockets so there is no motivation for automanufactures to do anything with it.

What frustrates me is the entire country pretty much realizes now that the oil companies are just screwing us because they can.

McCain also acknowledged this during an interview I saw yesterday.

And the oil companies know that the general public is aware of it, they are not even being discreet about it anymore, they are just jacking up fuel prices as fast as they can because they can.

And in the meantime it seems the electric companies in California (and probably elsewhere) are following the lead of the oil companies and doing the same thing. We had a 42% increase in our elctric bill about 2 years ago, and there is specualtion that during this summer they are going to have another substantial increase. and there is nothing we can do about it, there are no other sources to get our electricity from, solar is too expensive. We are forced to eat the crap the oil companies and electric companies are feeding us!!

My son was telling me yesterday that in class yesterday he was looking historically at gas prices since the beginning of gas.

He said that up until 2000 has prices were pretty level with a small increase.

But then in 2001 right after 9/11 and right after Bush took officer the price of gas increased dramatically and has been increasing at a fast pace  ever since.

Some either something with 9/11 (middle eastern interests are waging part of their war against the world through controlling oil prices) or President Bush is more corrupt than I had believed and is hooking up all of his oil buddies.

Or a combination of both

Hydrogen/Electric is the future of cars, not pure electric.  Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe.  With a Hydrogen/Electric you could drive many, many, many miles on one gallon.  That wouldn't put money in the oil companies pockets so there is no motivation for automanufactures to do anything with it.
Wrecks,  a buddy of mine just gave me a copy of the "how to" manual on this :

http://www.auto-facts.org/water4gas-scam.html

Some are calling it a scam but some evidence is it WORKS!

Back