Entered my 1st car/bike show

Trucker Mike

Registered
So yesterday was the car show/auto-x/drifting/burnout/sound-off at Western Dakota Tech Institute in Rapid City, SD.

I grab the Busa, and under threat of snow, ride into town. 33 degrees out, with 30+ mph winds. It starts snowing on the way in. I trudge on. I get there, and the ground is wet. Little pockets of flurries coming and going. I watch the drifting for a bit. I enter my covered-in-water/road-grime/sand Busa into the car show in the bike class. I never washed it, never even hosed it off.

I won Best of Show.

I feel bad for all the other people whose vehicles were clean, and shiny (albeit wet).

Oh well. It just goes to show that a dirty, grimy Busa can still beat out rat-rods, pro-street dragsters, and an azzload of imports for Best of Show.

I has a trophy!

Oh, and I was able to add 30 miles to the odometer!

First time out since tightening the block-offs, + adding GIPro w/ 5th gear map, and PCIII with a decent map. Holy shite! What a difference in power! Exhaust sounds better, throttle response was great, and I actually brought the front wheel up about a inch by just getting on it in 3rd at about 3500rpms, although it might have more to do with going over a railroad track lip at the same time. Had to change my undies afterwards. LOL.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I enter my covered-in-water/road-grime/sand Busa into the car show in the bike class. I never washed it, never even hosed it off.

I won Best of Show.[/quote]

REALLY? Was there no other bikes competing with you?
cool.gif

So Dak,
Man I sure do miss that place!!! I'll be there in August, keep the snow at a minimum! I don't want to be in the house with the KIN FOAK
guns.gif

Haha, there was one other chromed out cruiser-style VTX/Crusader/Shadow bike there. It was clean, but bulky and UGLY!

But remember, I didn't win Best Bike, I won Best Of Show. They saw what I had done to the bike in the 7 weeks since first bringing it home, and were pretty impressed, I guess. Either that or they were rewarding me for riding in mini-blizzard conditions to get there and support the event. Eh, who cares. I has a trophy!

The coolest thing is seeing all the people turn their heads and perk their ears up and start looking around like dogs upon hearing a cat's meow, when they first hear the Boz B2, and start drooling when they finally see it. They were pleased to be allowed to bask in the glow of awesomeness that is Hayabusa. I think I could actually here pants tightening on the mem, and panties dropping on the women as I pulled up.
laugh.gif

I love this g'damn bike.

meh, no pics from the show. it started snowing so bad we had to call off the rest of the event and everyone bailed. they're gonna redo the racing next weekend, and i'm already back in the rig, driving thru MN.

Trophy is in my garage, but I will have my sis take a pic and email it to me to post up. ;)

beerchug.gif

but why are you in a such a bad mood?
laugh.gif

ps we need your photoshop skills in another thread.

Best of Show and you put it in the garage? for shame...
laugh.gif
congrats all the same (I would have it in the front room for at least a week.. (then the garage)

Congrats!!!
beerchug.gif

I put my Busa in a show years ago, when he was young...won first place against some very pricey custom painted bikes...so much work to get the bike THAT clean, so I haven't done it since...

Yeah, it's in the garage.

<off topic, kinda>
I have been working on the garage for a few weekends now, getting crap cleaned out that has been collected for 15 years by my mother.

I insulated and drywalled off the exterior wall, and put a buttload of new shelves up, and 2 extra shop lights. On the top of one set of shelves, is all my helmets (now hanging on bike hooks above the shelves) and a row of like 20 die-cast motorcycles. my Trophy looks good there.

It's still a work in progress getting stuff organized for Salvation Army and the dump pile, but it's getting there.

Here is before:

garage1.JPG

Back