engine swap

bad711

Registered
Ok here it is! I have a 2000 busa and installed a 2002 motor. I know the 2000 had an analog fly wheel and the 2002 has digital. I put the analog magnito or flywheel on the bike and the motor runs great when giving a little throttle. but at idle it sounds like the chain tensioner is loose. I removed the motor from the 2002 and it ran just fine. does anyone have any ideas??????

If the flywheel is analog and the ecu is analog why does the ecu have to be changed? is there something different on the motor?

Up here in beautiful central Canada, Owen sound Ontario, one year, I had to store my bikes in my brothers on heated the shed. I was worried so I started the bikes once a week. But I lost the motor in my gen 1 busa. :-( so I found a Gen 2 motor I imagined was salvaged from a crash, cuz I got nothing else. when we put the motor in, we realized that the Gen 2 motor doesn't talk to the Gen 1 cluster gauge. So beware because that Gen 2 cluster gauge cost me $2500! No I couldn't find a used one...

Back