engine stutters at low revs

mwickins

Registered
My bike (99 busa) has recently started to stutter at low revs. More often it is when pulling away and turning at the same time. The engine seems to die temporarily and then kick straight back in. It is literally 1/4 of a second and only happens once. The problem is that as it occurs at around 1,500 - 2500 revs, it tends to catch me at roundabouts or when carrying out slow speed turns and I fear that one day it may cut out for longer that 1/4 second and I may end up on the floor!

Has anyone had the same problem? Could it be the fuel pump - and could this be the reason why it occurs at its worst when turning?

Any help/advice appreciated.

I had an '83 GS 1100 G with the same problem.  I found a short in the wiring harness from the handlebars where it bent around the frame up front.  I wrapped it with electrical tape to remove the possibility of grounding out.  Problem fixed.

Mine would also act like this when pulling from a stop with the handlebars turned.

sounds like my problem... and no I have not found the gremlin yet.
crazy.gif
I have no ideal what is causing it...

This started out of no where? You haven't installed anything lately? When is the last time you changed the plugs?

Yes, started out of nowhere - plugs last changed around 3000 miles ago - haven't installed anything new.

If not the fuel filter then maybe the fuel pump, do a flow and psi check on it

Hi,
My 99 is having the same problem under hot temperature (noon in tropical climate) twice in two weeks. I will check the fuel line, fuel filter and fuel pump, then the plugs and the valve clearance.

Back