Engine Running Rich

dcoop

Registered
I took apart my bike to repair second gear. I put the bike back together and it has never ran the same since. I have a stock exhaust and no power commander. The bike is running rich and loading up with fuel. I've checked sensors and there is no warning light on. I put hotter plugs in it and it seems to be doing a little better but it isn't like it was. Do you have any ideas or seen this problem before. When I grab the throttle from idle it like to bog, it blows a little smoke the takes off like a bat outa hell. I also would like to know how much vacuum the hayabusa is suppose to have at idle.

Hmmm. Does it idle properly? Perhaps you have a vacuum line disconnected?

Where in KC are ya? Several members here in KC!

BTW -
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard! Please post up some pics of your scoot!

The bike will idle fine. Have you hooked up a vacuum gauge to yours to see what it pulls. I don't really think this is my problem but I want to know just as a reference. I'm from the Raytown area.

I'll have some pics posted soon I've got custom paint. I also just lowered my bike when i did the tranny work

I haven't hooked one up lately. If no one else has the numbers, I'll see if I can hookup the gauge and give ya a reading...

you did one of two things possibly:

1.You hooked the airbox sensor to the engine head temp sensor by mistake,plugs look the same.

2. you forgot to hook the line onto your sensor on the back of the airbox

You can send service fee to me later
super.gif

Actually I know for a fact that all my hoses are connected properly and I know I have the right plugs in the correct place. I've checked all the connections and also the voltage and resistance coming out of each of those sensors. I still need someone to tell me what their busa runs for vacuum. This will give me a good indication if I have a timing problem or if the computer is what is messing up.

I don't have numbers but a personal experience. Make sure all your lines are free and clear of debris. Sometimes it's the simple things that get up in trouble. GL on the fix.

AGAIN!!! I need to know what the hayabusa runs for vacuum. I've checked the hoses and the air box and the air filter. I've replaced spark plugs and checked all my sensors. I believe my timing might be off a tooth.

Back