engine rebuild

RRJuggalo

Registered
I have an 03 Busa (of course) and it has a bad knock in it. I wanna rebuild it with the 1441 stroker kit. I need to know where I can get a complete build kit at. If I'm gonna do this I want to rebuild the whole engine and replace all internal parts.

Best part he's a sponsor here so contact him and he should have everything you need

APE is rock solid for all your internals! my crank is there right now gettin sum love.

APE for parts......Do NOT make the mistake I did and go to them for information on how to install their parts!! Just because the sell the parts does not mean they know how to build engine. Talk to the professional builders to get your information. I used APE's advice and it cost me an extra $1000 and a 2nd tear down of the bottom end of my engine. Also talk to a builder about what you actually need, do not ask APE "what else do I need to complete the 1441 kit?". They WILL sell you more than you need that will cost more to install.

Biggest thing to get out of my comment is this....know exactly what you need to order BEFORE calling APE <-----this was my mistake

You can also contact me for your engine needs..I sell only what I use and they last..

buy a good used low mileage engine and sell your old one for parts,,save lots of $$$$
I have an 03 Busa (of course) and it has a bad knock in it. I wanna rebuild it with the 1441 stroker kit. I need to know where I can get a complete build kit at. If I'm gonna do this I want to rebuild the whole engine and replace all internal parts.

I just talked to these guys at downs engineering. Real cool and surprisingly less expensive than I thought.

To take my engine, completely rebuild it with good rods bearings pistons... Into a 1441 including a competition valve job he said would be about 3k with no internal damage. Here is their site.

http://www.downsengineering.com/suzuki_busa.html

He seemed like he takes pride in their work, and said they won't do any performance work without better rods and parts that won't support the power. Which I kinda like.

I just talked to these guys at downs engineering. Real cool and surprisingly less expensive than I thought.

To take my engine, completely rebuild it with good rods bearings pistons... Into a 1441 including a competition valve job he said would be about 3k with no internal damage. Here is their site.

Hayabusa Engines are our specialty

He seemed like he takes pride in their work, and said they won't do any performance work without better rods and parts that won't support the power. Which I kinda like.

Just make sure you have double the amount of money, you will be going back there...There is a reason they less expensive..

Just make sure you have double the amount of money, you will be going back there...There is a reason they less expensive..

I haven't looked up reviews for them. Have you been there? If he was to work on something don't they have to prove what parts were installed?

Don't want to sound like I'm arguing your warning, just want to find local good shops.

Where at in CA are you? APE would be a great place to go that wouldnt be too far if you were in SoCal.

Where at in CA are you? APE would be a great place to go that wouldnt be too far if you were in SoCal.

I'm in sacramento. Would be worth the drive to have a good place though. That last place I posted is in sanoma, pretty close to me.

You yourself can put the best parts in the world and know you did it, but proper assembly is the difference.. A few of my new customers are their old customers for a reason. Use them if you like.. augustine herrera and mike fields does good performance work down that way, if they gotta be local..

I haven't looked up reviews for them. Have you been there? If he was to work on something don't they have to prove what parts were installed?

Don't want to sound like I'm arguing your warning, just want to find local good shops.

You yourself can put the best parts in the world and know you did it, but proper assembly is the difference.. A few of my new customers are their old customers for a reason. Use them if you like.. augustine herrera and mike fields does good performance work down that way, if they gotta be local..

Local is helpful, the few hundred for shipping (I imagine) would be better spent on better parts or work in my book. Thanks for the info.

Back