Engine Misfire under load

traysbusa

Registered
Hello everyone.Newbie Busa owner here.Bought my 2001 busa last week and have put about 150 miles on it.Some hwy most city.Today jumped on it and ran fine til the second stoplight.Noticed when I give it gas taking off it was missing.Free rev seemed fine but under load felt like ignition miss.I'm pretty familar with the c.o.p design.My question is, coils a common issue to fail like the cars and trucks I work on daily with the same c.o.p design?Going to change tha plugs this week and look around the coils for arch marks .Feels like just 1 cylinder misfiring under load. Did also notice that the micron muffs are blacked up abit ,and it has a pc on it,K&N filter.Gotto be too rich somewhere.Alittle worried..Thanks for the input.

Did you try to pull the code for the problem by jumping the connector under the rear plastics?

FI light never came on.No codes.Ohmed coils and injectors.All good.Changed plugs and shes running on all 4 now.Its running too rich somehwere in the map.I can throttle blip it and it puffs rich abit.Looking into the cylinders and around the intake valves it needs some seafoam for sure.Really just need to find a reputable tuner in my area and get it tuned correctly.Although on a 70 mile ride (hwy) it averaged 46.7 mpg.Puttering around town its around 36 to 38....I'm just glad it wasnt something serious.I did ride it back to my shop which was about 7 miles sputtering.Thanks for the response.

Back