Engine longevity

60,000 miles here. Religiously scheduled maintenance always done on time.

Yup. +1 on all the maintenance comments above.

--Wag--

Becareful I knew a guy with a low mileage bike, but thought it was cool to sit an bounce the engine off the rev. limiter.

Yeah, you could also find a bike with, say, 4000 miles on it. BUT, it got there 1/4 mile at a time, if you catch my drift.

Maintenance is everything, as has been said. I think its all been pretty well covered here.

They did a magazine test on a CBR900 dyno'd it at first and then after 100,000 miles and it only lost 2-3 hp!!

they also wrote how many tires clutches ect..

I had a gs750 when i was a kid and it had 70k miles on it and ran perfect!!

Bikes can have low miles and be beat!! as long as the tranny is good,I would look for crash damage,leaking fork seals ect..and unless its a killer deal keep looking,there plenty of busas for sale right now..not like there hard to find!!

My bike is a 2002 model with just over 6000miles on it. But, this is the 2nd time my engine has been apart. Miles mean nothing, what the person does with it is what matters. If the bike is still stock with that amount of miles get it. If its dropped, stretched 10inches, full system, airshifter and a NOS bottle, HELL NO. Get the picture???

30,000 ????...inspect it, check it, if all's good, buy it. I have a little over 40,000 and mine's still tight as a drum.....

Back