Engine is out.

No updates, been working on the house. Hoping to get back at it next week. Did break the Wide Glide out of it's slumber and been riding her to work.

Some minor updates. Cleaned the block, took out the old pistons, changed the oil pan gasket, and checked the piston gap on one of the new ones. Gonna set the gap on them this week hopefully, then put it all back together. We'll see. I had my sewer line break on my property outside the foundation 8 foot down. Have to have a new line run around a house and about 16 ft to the main. Not happy and not going to be cheap.

Some minor updates. Cleaned the block, took out the old pistons, changed the oil pan gasket, and checked the piston gap on one of the new ones. Gonna set the gap on them this week hopefully, then put it all back together. We'll see. I had my sewer line break on my property outside the foundation 8 foot down. Have to have a new line run around a house and about 16 ft to the main. Not happy and not going to be cheap.
the beauty of condo association fees...........

Oh did I mention it is in the center of the brand new concrete driveway? Yes the driveway is maybe 6 months old.

Years ago the sewer line at my folks house broke and I had to dig three feet down and twenty two feet to the main to replace it. Hard work! Good luck with yours. BTW, whaddyamean ‘piston gap’?

Sorry piston ring gap..Been a long couple days. Gonna be a long week too. Starting a new position at work, gotta fill the dumpster at the house, gotta pay for the big dig, and the week hasnt started yet.

I did go break out the Tri-Glide out of hibernation. Been riding that instead of the Wide Glide. Nice change of pace.

Pistons in, and then I noticed I didn't have a new base gasket. uggghhhh Just emailed Frank to see if he has any.

Pistons installed. Block installed. Head installed. Have to torque the head down, then make an appointment with GixerHP to finish it up. Have to shim the valves, and degree the cams. Then it is a trip to see Frank.

5574AA22-163B-47D7-AF29-47A4A63C9DC2.jpeg
302A5FA2-43A7-4AF4-B348-A8EE47740801.jpeg

Back