ENGINE ICE?????

Worked for me here in Texas.  It also helped rapping the head pipes.  
thumb_up.gif
I've installed engine ice and it seems to help a little. I also installed an auxilliary fan switch to engage the radiator fan whenever needed....like when you are sitting on speedway blvd., in traffic, during bike week.

But anyway, the thought of wrapping the head pipes never crossed my mind. Thanks for mentioning that!!
face7.gif

what bout puttin in Engine Ice and adding water wetter?
Dont add wetter to engine ice.You dont need to.Water wetter is a additive that prevents corrosion & keeps the cooling system clean.The distilled water is for the cooling properties.
BTW,Engine ice is propoline glycol based coolant while regular antifreeze is etheline glycol.propoline glycol absorbs & dissipates heat at a greater rate than water or etheline glycol.This is why the bike will run cooler.
There are many propoline based coolants on the market that all work about equally.Some are marketed as a "supercoolant" but they are all about the same except for price.For example,locally at oreilly automotive,the sell a coolant marketed as a "enviroment friendly" coolant called Sierra.It is propoline glycol based and works the same a engine ice,I've tried it & it works great.But,it is green in color and some track day guys may have a problem with tech at a track day convincing the inspector it is not regular coolant.My 2 cents.

Only wrap your header pipes if you want to replace the header bout a year and a half later. I did this on my sunfire when I was moddin it up for performance and it DESTROYED the header. Yes it will insulate the surrounding areas from the radiant heat. HOWEVER, the wrap then retains all that heat in the pipes and will deteriate(spelling?) them much much faster

Only wrap your header pipes if you want to replace the header bout a year and a half later. I did this on my sunfire when I was moddin it up for performance and it DESTROYED the header. Yes it will insulate the surrounding areas from the radiant heat. HOWEVER, the wrap then retains all that heat in the pipes and will deteriate(spelling?) them much much faster
prove it on the busa....
deadhorse.gif

I've run my stock exhaust wrapped, a SS exhaust wrapped, and a Ti exhaust wrapped for waaay over 60,000 miles without any adverse effects.

i don't mean to rip into you, but so often some one posts, "it'll do this to your bike". this is a case of fear mongering. I've ridden in sun, rain, snow, ice, warm, cold, dry, moist, you name the condition and have never had any adverse effects on my busa.

Iron car engine exhaust menifolds... are a different story.

call me a fear monger all you want dude i'm just sayin it DID happen to me so thats all. My header was a steel header from pacesetter not a stock iron manifold............thanks

prove it on the busa....  
deadhorse.gif

I've run my stock exhaust wrapped, a SS exhaust wrapped, and a Ti exhaust wrapped for waaay over 60,000 miles without any adverse effects.

i don't mean to rip into you, but so often some one posts, "it'll do this to your bike". this is a case of fear mongering. I've ridden in sun, rain, snow, ice, warm, cold, dry, moist, you name the condition and have never had any adverse effects on my busa.

Iron car engine exhaust menifolds... are a different story.
Hard to get rid of old myths. I have titanium pipes and titanium loves heat. No brittleness or cracking just look at the SR-71, and jet engine parts!
Of course I would not rap cast iron heads, they rust even without rapping.

I just know I won't do it ever again. At least not with a Pacesetter Header

I've been informed not to do it on titanium headers. So much misinformation in a world overflowing with available information.

Back