Engine Ice....

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
I want to replace my factory antifreeze on my 06 with the popular engine ice.
Does anyone have any good links of how to's on just how to go about removing it completly from the whole system including engine.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question,but I would think it would consitst of more than just loosening the drain plug.

thanks
beerchug.gif

Service manual covers it pretty well. Remove the radiator cap and disconnect the cooling hose on the left side of the bike that connects to the water pump. Make sure you something underneath to catch the coolant. Flush with water or a water and vinegar combination. Not too hard.

When GJoker did his, he replaced all the fluid.. ran the engine for a few minutes and then replaced it all again.

(I think) on the bottle it says that all factory antifreeze must be removed in order for the Engine Ice to work properly.

Keep in mind that if you live in a place where the weather gets cold, you need to drain it back out again before winter, it will freeze, and could crack your block........

Thanks for the help everyone,

Keep in mind that if you live in a place where the weather gets cold, you need to drain it back out again before winter, it will freeze, and could crack your block........
[/Quote]
Now this is something that I did not know about.

And nice link BigT

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 22 2006,12:25) Keep in mind that if you live in a place where the weather gets cold, you need to drain it back out again before winter, it will freeze, and could crack your block........
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F"

Engine Ice Linky

rock.gif

rock.gif

(omslaw @ Sep. 22 2006,13:22)
(Mr Brown @ Sep. 22 2006,12:25) Keep in mind that if you live in a place where the weather gets cold, you need to drain it back out again before winter, it will freeze, and could crack your block........
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

"Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50°F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 °F or less and freeze-up protection to -27° F"

Engine Ice Linky
Good deal, I thought it worked like water wetter......

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back