Engine ice &muzzy fan...

hydrabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hi , I try to get ready for this summer, (last summer I had a little over heating problem, while I was sitting at the traffic...)
alot of ppl says its not going to change any good if you sitting at the traffic...and some said if you do fan and engine ice mod will make the difference...
I have to ask this question before I do...need some input, thanks...

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148141739 -->

Im interested in this topic as well, free
bump.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA_CHeMiST
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148143970 -->

Engine Ice and the Muzzy fan do help keep the bike cool. Did the install of both last summer and haven't had any problems, even in traffic.

I'll let you know in a week or two. I already have the Muzzy fan and I just ordered Engine Ice and will be changing the coolant soon.

im doing both and a second fan with my 1397  ill keep ya updated this week and let you know how it goes

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150040863 -->

My temp. went up on me last year with the factory coolant and stock fan. Soon aftr I swapped the factory coolant with Water Wetter and left the stock fan in place. Since then, the temp. needle doesn't go past the spot its at when the fan comes on.

From what I hear, Engine Ice is better than Water Wetter ... hence the price. If you use that plus the Muzzy fan, your bike shouldn't come close to overheating.

I did it. I got hot once and ordered the stuff that day. Havent had any issues since. It is a real straigh foward and easy swap. Just do it when you are changing your oil since you will have the plastics off anyways.

<!--EDIT|unkleslapnutz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148148596 -->

2965992630076853611Ylquxf_ph.jpg

I had the dealer use engine ice before I picked it up (new), have had a few days over 100 degress and even in traffic it stayed within operating temp...

<!--EDIT|Jtonda
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148148763 -->

Engine Ice worked wonders on my 01 Gixxer 750 so I plan to have AiRazor's coolant switched out as well before the DC heat/humidity kicks in.

ok, when you changes the stock antifreeze to engine ice...I understand, drain the radiator, and? how do you flush some left over from the engine...(I heard, I have to use disstiled water to flush...anyone knows how to flush?)
rock.gif

ok, when you changes the stock antifreeze to engine ice...I understand, drain the radiator, and? how do you flush some left over from the engine...(I heard, I have to use disstiled water to flush...anyone knows how to flush?)  
rock.gif
No idea how to flush.....I'm headed to the dealer.

I've been using the Water Wetter and it works fine. I've dealt with the relentless traffic at Myrtle Beach two years in a row, and all I added was about a half bottle of Water Wetter to the cooling system and my temp guage never goes over the halfway mark. I'm doing the same this year, but I also have the Muzzy fan, and will be putting it on pretty soon.

I've never tried Engine Ice, so I'm not knocking it, but I have been using Water Wetter for almost three years now and it hasn't let me down yet.

Did the Muzzy fan changeover at 600 mile maintainance(did it myself) the temp in N. TX is getting in the mid 90's.... so far so good on no overheating......Muzzy moves alot of air
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Before I installed the Muzzy fan I painted it red. It's not a perfect job but it looks better IMO. Nobody really sees it... I did it for the heck of it.

muzzy_guard.jpg

looks good east coast---
im running stock everything and my busa never goes over the 1/2 way mark-- even in 90 degree weather and gridlock traffic. my fan kicks on every now and then but not for very long. im starting to wonder if the guage isnt broke lol
smile.gif

Thanks for everyone, that take time and put some info here...well, this subject, split the room in no time...so far? I've heard it won't change anything far as changing engine ice...Cuffee, thanx...so, I bought 2 bottles of engine ice already, plus the muzzy fan, but, I'm not sure how to flush the motor...I need some inputs from you guys who did this...
BTW, some said, it doesn't go over the half marks...wonder how that happens...all the dealer personel says it will go over if you sitting at the traffics no matter what you do...e ice and m fan will do decrease some from the gauge but, it won't be too much difference there...
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148257979 -->

Back