Engine Ice and Water Wetter

Ban-One

Registered
I flushed my cooling system and filled it with engine ice. My temp seems to be the same as the factory green stuff. What does yours run? Mine is a little below half way point.

I just did a drain and refill late last week, I used HP COOLANT (endorsed by Honda) it is a ready to use 50/50 blend. My temp neddle stays just under the half mark at operating tempertures too.

It'll only improve it's cooling *ability* not constant temperature. If you want it to run cooler, get another thermostat.

i did mine the last time i changed my oil and i used engine ice. i havnt realy noticed any difference from the stock stuff.

I'm also running engine ice. My needle is normally about 2 needle widths below 1/2.

I drilled two 3/16" holes in the edge of my thermostat just before the rubber seal. She runs about a fourth of the way up on the gauge. If the thermostat ever fails I know water will still be getting through because of the holes.
The stop and go in Reno, NV. last week had it running almost half way up the guage. 95 degrees outside.

brad

FWIW, my bike still has the stock coolant in it from the factory at 76xx miles and runs just about a needle to 2 needle widths below the half mark as well. When sitting in traffic on a 90*+ day it will climb to about 2~3 widths above the half and the fan is able to control the temp from climbing any higher. And boy can you feel that heat on your legs when the fan comes on and/or when you start moving again. :moon:

Water Wetter and Ice have IME no real effect on operating temps.

Its more a matter of something to put in so that if you spill it on the racing surface you (hopefully) wont wad up a bunch of bikes that are behind you.

Water Wetter and Ice have IME no real effect on operating temps.

Its more a matter of something to put in so that if you spill it on the racing surface you (hopefully) wont wad up a bunch of bikes that are behind you.

i agree and after trying ice, ill save the money in the future with stock coolant

Back