Engine Cuts out.

BLACKSHADOW

Registered
Well here goes, Just been on our 2004 tour of France and down to Andora near the border of Spain from the UK.
I have started getting a problem with the motor cutting out when I come to a standstill, say coming up to traffic lights or a road junction. It dosen't happen all the time but was getting a bit of a pest all the same. The bike is a 2003 se with about 7500 miles on now. I have had all the other usual Busa noises like Clunking clutch and valve flutter when cold and have learned to live with them but this is beginning to Piss me off. My normal tickover is just under 1000 revs. Has anyone got any Ideas?

When you say "cuts out," do you mean the engine dies/stalls? Or do you mean it has a miss or rough idle to it?
rock.gif

I mean the engine Stops, cuts out, whatever you want to call it. Just goes straight past any idle speed and dies altogether. But not always.

Saturday while in a Parade. An hour of idleing and going very slowly at sub walking speeds. The engine starts to run rough.I'm thinking it's getting loaded up with crap idleing so long. It wasn't overheating. Gave it some reving to clean it out I thought. The engine cut out at above 8k rpms then starts again another rev it cuts out around 9 k. Then it just stalls. Barely started the engine afterwards, battery was nearly dead. I think the battery was dead cause Headlights and cooling fan going for an hour without charging much. What you think the Busa not getting enough juice to operate the electronics and coils.

Back