engine buildup for a 50 hit of spray

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
obviously forged pistons, but how much can the rods handle? the plan is a 1397 motor with 13:1 JE's and some headwork, a pipe and a tune. i'd like to run between a 35 and 50 hit of nitrous (i'm heavy, gotta catch those 155 lb kids on their literbikes, don't i?). i want longevity, if rods are necessary, i'll push the build date back until i can grab a set. and i probably won't be spraying all the time either. i'm most likely going with a progressive shot too, so the bike won't flip over backwards.

Last edited:
nah, my **** isn't small enough to justify a 100 shot on a busa:laugh:, nor are there any drag strips around here where i could possibly put that much power down. but the set up is what i'm asking. do i need new rods, or are forged pistons and a lightened crank enough? i mean yea, colder spark plugs and other supporting mods would be necessary, but as far as hard parts, what's necessary so that my motor will eat up a 50 shot until doomsday.

so like I said 100 shot ( and you want 50)on stock rods and crank and you are getting forged pistons with a 1397 but don't for get you need fuel. stock fuel system won't do a well built 1397.
and remember the bottle runs out
200hp on a daily 1397 push button pump gas motor stk head is what I would start with and then start with a 40

that would be a dry shot, go wet and you could do like a 80 shot:whistle:with the progessive:bowdown:without it:please::please:it will BOOM:rofl: go with the wetkit and progressive and it'll be ok:thumbsup:

You can spray a 50 shot all day with stock internals with a good tune. Ive seen it done many times

jeez, 100 shot, you guys are all nuts. ok, so stock crank and rods are good enough for up to a 100 shot, with a good tune. i was thinking direct port wet shot. as far as fuel system mods, what can you do besides a higher flowing fuel pump? if the nitrous has it's own injectors you don't really need bigger ones for the bike.

Back