Engine builder in Central Florida?

Remember that tools are always cheaper than labor.
And there is nothing overly complicated about these engines.
With a service manual, and help from multiple people here, you can build your own engine.
Any machining can be shipped to one of several good builders in the U.S if need be as well.
Even a turbo is simple assembly, with the magic being in the right parts combination(which the guys here know), and of course the tune, which it would have to go to a dyno for anyway.
Any particular build ideas?

Remember that tools are always cheaper than labor.
And there is nothing overly complicated about these engines.
With a service manual, and help from multiple people here, you can build your own engine.
Any machining can be shipped to one of several good builders in the U.S if need be as well.
Even a turbo is simple assembly, with the magic being in the right parts combination(which the guys here know), and of course the tune, which it would have to go to a dyno for anyway.
Any particular build ideas?
I'm thinking ahead, like around the next new year.. I'd like to put a turbo on her but I don't have much internal engine experience and I'm told that the compression is too high on the gen 2 as well as a couple of other things that need to be tweaked /changed. I don't have any help and don't have a lot of confidence in pulling the top end apart myself.

Tune is a whole nother issue, there doesn't seem to be anyone around here that can do that either.

I've looked through the older threads and tried to find the people /shops mentioned with no luck.

I used to use Blais Cycle in Dania. Kevin and Ron know bikes and could certainly put a turbo on for you. Website seems to be down but here’s a google link. I used them ten years ago and thought they were the best. Current reviews still say same. So they must be doing good down there.

Thanks. Website gone and no Facebook posts this year is not a good sign but I'll keep them in mind. Kinda far but not unworkable if I can't find closer.

Or drive up to Moore Mafia in South Carolina for a dyno tune.
As far as the engine assembly goes, timing is really the only part that can be a pain the first time.
But, if it's off, take it off, move it tooth, rotate, and check it again.
This is also Much easier when the engine is already out.
A micrometer or calipers, along with an internal bore gage(or plasti-gage) to check crank and rod bearings.
A flywheel puller, clutch basket pliers, a feeler gage and ring grinder, and a torque wrench are really all that you need aside from basic hand tools, as well as a specialty socket for the engine mount/frame bolts.
I've done regular engines, but I've never done a turbo bike, but as said, there is nothing really different about the build process. It's a spacer, thicker gasket, or lower compression pistons.
Crank, rods, head studs, and other parts can be bought beefed up, but they assemble the same way.
The external parts are pretty straight forward too.
All I would need to know is the best parts combo for the application, then to take it for a tune.
I wouldn't build a turbo by myself, but with the knowledge on them here, I wouldn't have to, as someone here can answer any questions I may have.
Don't let it intimidate you, and save the labor money for something else.

Or drive up to Moore Mafia in South Carolina for a dyno tune.
As far as the engine assembly goes, timing is really the only part that can be a pain the first time.
But, if it's off, take it off, move it tooth, rotate, and check it again.
This is also Much easier when the engine is already out.
A micrometer or calipers, along with an internal bore gage(or plasti-gage) to check crank and rod bearings.
A flywheel puller, clutch basket pliers, a feeler gage and ring grinder, and a torque wrench are really all that you need aside from basic hand tools, as well as a specialty socket for the engine mount/frame bolts.
I've done regular engines, but I've never done a turbo bike, but as said, there is nothing really different about the build process. It's a spacer, thicker gasket, or lower compression pistons.
Crank, rods, head studs, and other parts can be bought beefed up, but they assemble the same way.
The external parts are pretty straight forward too.
All I would need to know is the best parts combo for the application, then to take it for a tune.
I wouldn't build a turbo by myself, but with the knowledge on them here, I wouldn't have to, as someone here can answer any questions I may have.
Don't let it intimidate you, and save the labor money for something else.
It's pretty intimidating. I'll do some studying, maybe I can do it.

Thanks. Website gone and no Facebook posts this year is not a good sign but I'll keep them in mind. Kinda far but not unworkable if I can't find closer.
The owner Kevin is an old school former Kawi super bike racer.
He never was too techy. I’m sure they are still there and open but probably just not up on social media and the like. They’ve been there for a long time and there are recent reviews in the link I posted. I wouldn’t let lack of site or Facebook stuff put me off.

Back