EMERGENCY!!!!!

jch364

Registered
I dont know if it is possible that anyone can help me out so close to the bash but Im gonna give it a shot. Here is what happened. I broke the cover piece on the left side of my arai rx7 corsair. It holds the shield on. I was changing shields when I broke it... Dang it. I wasnt paying attention. God im mad. here are the pics. Is there anyone who might have access to this piece and could sell it to me using paypal and overnight it to me so I have a helmet to go to the bash. Otherwise i wont likely be able to go. I know its asking a lot but i am in a bad way.

DSC03456.JPG

this is the backing. I broke the little snap piece at the top which is back on with super glue. I dont think it will hold. Im sure it wont.

DSC03458.JPG

the numbers on the back if it will help are
lrs-l type

Thats it. any help would be appreciated. I will keep my fingers crossed.

thanks to all in advance

Are you riding or trailering to the Bash. I could lend you a helmet while you are there if you are trailering down.

Thank you for the offer but im riding. When I wrote this up I forgot about the rf1000 helmet I still have. I can use it. and looks like i will have to its just not as good a fit and is tight on my forhead. Its just my arai is a perfect fit. Im holding out but im not holding my breath. I still cant believe I broke it. Hoping one of the board sponsers can pull a rabbit trick...lol......

It's pretty tough to get those out of Arai. They aren't very responsive and they're tough to get ahold of in the first place.

That's the same piece that broke off of my wife's bike a few years ago and it's the reason I don't like Arai.

--Wag--

The little piece looks plastic, you could try plastic welding em back together or hope someone can get you the piece, otherwise
bump.gif

Well I think i came up with a solution. albeit a temporary one. I drilled a hole through the side pod. removed the top screw and got another screw from ace hardware that is just a little longer. screwed the top piece back in place. seems to hold good and the shield is holding in place solid. Thank god. Im glad I still have a little redneck in me to come up with that as a quik fix..lol I did find a website for arai and ordered the side pieces. $30 plus shipping. amazing how such an incredibly good helmet is so hard to get parts for. Bad thing is, its the only helmet I Have ever found that even comes close to fitting me. This model is perfect. Figures its the most expensive. Oh well. Thanks to all who checked out my post. I knew it was a long shot and thanks once again to rayabusa for his kind offer of the helmet. Much appreciated.....
bowdown.gif

Looks like you already got it order then. If no, I got a base plate's from a fella. And he got them to me fast.
I'm a Shoei man, but like my RX7 the best.

ok. your not gonna believe this. I had ordered a set of the pods from araiamericas.com
the same day as i started this post. Now I never expected this but they arrived in the mail today. I cant believe it. God is looking out for me for sure. Usually I have some kind of catastrophe hit me right before the trip but maybe not this time. Wait, maybe I should take off work today..lol anyway i got the part and I feel a lot better. For anyone who has an arai go to this website. they have all kinds of parts and from this order i can tell they have some fast shipping. well see yall at the bash

DSC03447.JPG

Glad you got everything worked out! See you there and have a great trip!
smile.gif

Well I think i came up with a solution. albeit a temporary one. I drilled a hole through the side pod. removed the top screw and got another screw from ace hardware that is just a little longer. screwed the top piece back in place. seems to hold good and the shield is holding in place solid. Thank god. Im glad I still have a little redneck in me to come up with that as a quik fix..lol I did find a website for arai and ordered the side pieces. $30 plus shipping. amazing how such an incredibly good helmet is so hard to get parts for. Bad thing is, its the only helmet I Have ever found that even comes close to fitting me. This model is perfect. Figures its the most expensive. Oh well. Thanks to all who checked out my post. I knew it was a long shot and thanks once again to rayabusa for his kind offer of the helmet. Much appreciated.....
bowdown.gif
Dude, if you were a true redneck you would have just duck taped it back on!

deadhorse.gif
lol1.gif

bowdown.gif
Dude, if you were a true redneck you would have just duck taped it back on!

deadhorse.gif

lol1.gif
That's how CrashTestDanny got home when his pod broke at the Bash. I tried plastic welding it back together for him, but there isn't enough material there to work with. A $700 helmet with POS plastic clips that break frequently making the helmet unusable.

Back