Emergency!!! How long will you last in a disaster scenario

How long are you prepared to weather a disaster scenario?

• Total voters

Projekt

Registered
Having just finished a book called "Emergency: This book will save your life" by Neil Strauss, I decided to post a poll.

The core question is: "How long are your prepared to be self-sufficient in case of a major disaster?"

Many people have no consciousness about a possible survival scenario whether they reside in urban, semi-rural or rural environments.

Think about basic needs such as water, perishable and non-perishables, fuel, an energy source, first aid and self-defense implements.

How long would you be able to last with the stuff you have in your dwelling right now if a major disaster knocked down power, water and gas services to your area?

Having just finished a book called "Emergency: This book will save your life" by Neil Strauss, I decided to post a poll.

The core question is: "How long are your prepared to be self-sufficient in case of a major disaster?"

Many people have no consciousness about a possible survival scenario whether they reside in urban, semi-rural or rural environments.

Think about basic needs such as water, perishable and non-perishables, fuel, an energy source, first aid and self-defense implements.

How long would you be able to last with the stuff you have in your dwelling right now if a major disaster knocked down power, water and gas services to your area?

We have enough bottled water to last a couple days, but I also have a gas grill so we could boil lake water if we needed to. Power might be an issue but we have candles, security is under control.

Good food for thought.

There is water in the toilet tank and the water heater not to mention the home heating system if you have a boiler and radiators.

I have an ocean of water just .5 miles from my house. In case of major disaster it'll probably be right on my doorstep or my house will be covered by several hundred feet of it. Either way, I won't die of thirst :) Yes, this assumes I can desalinate the water through evaporation and other methods

during a busy hurricane season we've gone for days to weeks without power so that's not a big deal (uncomfortable at times). i have a few generators and fuel to last about a week of heavy use. my family cans vegetables and we have plenty of frozen meat. as long as the well doesn't somehow get contaminated or run dry we have plenty of water. otherwise about a week worth of water in our hurricane shelter.

didnt someone above post "The sky is falling" earlier this year? :rofl:

I bought a gun and made sure my neighbors are paranoid enough to stock up with everything.. if things go really bad, I shoot the neighbor and I am good to go..

Assuming that the only things needed to SURVIVE are food, water and shelter, I would guess that most could survive for a week without any real hardship.

I have enough water for a few days, dogs that will hunt the squirrels and rabbits for food, and ammo for anything I forgot to stockpile. :whistle:

Assuming that the only things needed to SURVIVE are food, water and shelter, I would guess that most could survive for a week without any real hardship.

Only if you are healthy and uninjured. Yeah it would suck but a week wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Most people in the states carry enough fat on them anyway so that only water is a real necessity.

Good book! I learned quite a bit from that one.

I bought a gun and made sure my neighbors are paranoid enough to stock up with everything.. if things go really bad, I shoot the neighbor and I am good to go..

:rulez: + 1 on that, you can die expecting the goverment to do something for you :laugh:

Sounds like interesting book.I think I will get it.
Try the coming global superstorm by art bell whitley strieber its going happen.
Art bell is a survivolist his home is completly off the grid.

:laugh: Perfect!

I live out in the "county" yes thats spelled correctly..COUNTY. that's how they say it out here. You either live in the city or the county...cuz it's all COUNTRY down here!
Anyway, power outages and such are all common occurences, so we are can-good, gas-tanked and well-watered up for months at a time. Oh and i have ammo enough for a tri-county war!
Come on 2012 and those 7 horses!

The sky IS falling. :whistle:
It thought you knew that.. We are constantly being bombarded by cosmic dust and meteorite fragments not to mention falling manmade space debris.

I thought it was the four horsemen of the apocalypse and not seven, or are you referring to something completely different?

Four or Seven...shows how much i believe the nonsense. Weren't the four horsemen a singing group?:thumbsup:

Back