Embedding for dummies 101

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
Copy the embed link of the video here.....

copy this code.jpg

Then paste it in the reply box BUT if 2 areas are blue like this....

then you will need to click in the blue area of ea. one and click the "remove link" button for ea. one.

2 click on ea. link and then click on the 'remove link' button.jpg

Then you will notice they are now black. Highlight the entire link and click the youtube button here.....

3 notice the links are not blue or underlined anymore.jpg

ya forgot a important step here...

after you paste the code, you must highlight it (ctrl+a works nicely) and THEN click the youtube icon..

alternately, you can hit the "youtube" icon first and paste the code between the brackets
PHP:
 [MEDIA=YOUTUBE]  paste here  [/MEDIA]
the key being all code must be wrapped..

the blue "html" links wont appear unless you fail to use the tags right the first time.. if you edit the post to insert the youtube tags, the hyperlinks will need fixed..

Last edited:
ya forgot a important step here...

after you paste the code, you must highlight it (ctrl+a works nicely) and THEN click the youtube icon..

alternately, you can hit the "youtube" icon first and paste the code between the brackets

nope. post #3 covers that :p

Why is this better than simply listing the link like this for example?

- Bush Shoe thrown - 2 shoes thrown at President Bush during press conference in Iraq[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did a tutorial for this some time ago

Embed Youtube

Yes I saw that but for some reason they are pasting with parts of it hyperlinked or whatever its called and it dont work right unless you unlink them. It will come out white.

I wish I could have made mine that good though:laugh:

It requires an extra step for some of us for some reason. If you notice in your tutorial yours pastes all black but ours pastes with blue in it too.???

Yes I saw that but for some reason they are pasting with parts of it hyperlinked or whatever its called and it dont work right unless you unlink them. It will come out white.

I wish I could have made mine that good though:laugh:
if you are pasting and doing nothing, then there should be no hyperlinks parsed.. if you post or edit the code then the hyper links are parsed and that is where the repair comes in..

if you get the code right the first time it should not need fixed.. VBB automatically parses anything that says http

you can also uncheck the box at the bottom of the posting screen that does this
Automatically parse links unchecked..

It requires an extra step for some of us for some reason. If you notice in your tutorial yours pastes all black but ours pastes with blue in it too.???
Mine was doing that when I tried to embed them from my Yahoo browser. Post them from Mozilla and it usually works.
Now that I know this trick it should work from both (hopefully). Thank you.:thumbsup:

Back