Electrical Problem, shutdown whilst riding, won't restart

Fatfish

Registered
Towards the end of a wet day riding my bike shut down and wouldn't restart, temp gauge kept going straight to red. Next day same issue and now that a mechanic has looked at it they seem to think its a dead power commander V... Does this sound right? After some input as the mechanic doesn't have any prior experience with power commanders...and the bike is 500km from home!

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Nothing like internet troubleshooting. I always check interlocks first. My fat fingers will find the high beam and kill switch once in awhile. Kickstand switch has given several members trouble during a ride as well. I think you can remove the PC and the bike should crank if that's the issue, but the experts will certainly be along soon. Best of luck.

I'd just disconnect the power commander and bypass it, run directly to your ECU, see if the bike starts. If it does then perhaps you have an issue with it. if that doesn't work, definitely check the kickstand switch and the tip over sensor located under the seat near the ecu, theres a little rubber thing holding it on, I had mine fall off once but thats just because we bumped it taking the motor in and out so often.... shouldn't have anything to do with it being wet, I've ridden my bike in the rain and periodically wash it with a hose....just about everything on the bike is designed to get somewhat wet.

Back