electrical issues with the turnsignals and brakes

pimpinphil

Registered
yesterday i took my bike out for a ride,about half way through the ride i notice sitting at a stop light that my left turn signal was on,"not blinking just on". the light turned and i started rolling,and the light went off,come to find out when i hit either front or rear brake it was also turning on the left turn signal ???? this lasted for a couple mintues till i got to my destination. came back out a little later to go home,my right side light started acting up,except it did it without touching the brakes,it just stayed on,and when i touched the brakes the left turn lit up like it was before. on my way home the right turn would blink off once in a while like theres a loose ground or something to that nature. anyone know where the main grounds are i should check? or any other info for this would be greatly appreciated. i tried a search,didnt really see much with it. thanks.

Have you made any changes to the wiring? If not, start checking grounds.

only thing i have done wiring wise was install hids,and installed a undertail kit.both of which have been on for over 2 years,without any issues. i am going to check the wires for the undertail first,seems most logical to me.

found the problem,apparently a mouse thought it was a good idea to attempt to build a nest in my tail section,and figured it was a good idea to chew threw my wires to my taillight. kinda weird for this to happen with me riding it every couple days or so????:banghead:

Back