electric issues

dewie

Registered
I have a 07 bus and it is modified for me with landing gear cause I am a paraplegic. I have some extra electronics on it like the actuator to run the landing gear, Pingel shifter, I have a back up camera made for cars pointed at the landing so I can see the gear while I'm riding. I've been having tons of issues with the Pingel shifter working consistently and was trying to figure it out. I hooked up the battery and had a massive short that makes no sense.

All the lights work on the bike, all the fuses are fine including the main fuse under the tail, but the fuel pump doesn't turn on when you turn on the ignition, no back up camera, no actuator for the landing gear and it has its own in line fuse which is fine, Pingel shifter pops fuses the instant you put it in.
Its a brand new battery, all the fuses are fine, did I cook my ECU? Then again the shifter, landing gear and camera doesn't operate thru the ECU and is wired straight to the battery..

Frustrated

What's common to the three circuits having trouble ? Does the wiring to those circuits run together at some point ? You could have worn insulation contacting the frame.

If you disconnect the Pingel, does everything else work?

I worked on a disabled Vets bike with a Pingel a few years ago, and it was a nightmare.

All the wiring is wired straight to the battery. The Pingel has a inline fuse which keeps popping, the landing just doesn't work at all Even tho the fuse is fine, the landing gear has its own ECU but you would think the fuse would have saved it. The camera has no fuse and is also wired straight to the battery. And god only knows why the fuel pump doesn't kick in when I turn on the ignition and the fuse is fine too??

Pingel has tried to help me but this is getting out of hand.

I'm betting the second ECU is toast. The fuse probably protects the power side not the input / outputs. The fuel pump could be interlocked. Kickstand switch, clutch, killswitch, neutral. The fuel pump has a fuse and a relay.

As to all three circuits, I was also trying to ask if those separate circuits ran in the same area together anywhere. If I lived close by I'd be there but I'm nowhere near you. Best of luck.

Thats a mess of issues - if at all possible i would remove or isolate systems to help determine where the issues lie. I hate when everything is stuffed on the battery post - real PITA to work on. Big fan of a common buss bar for power and ground..

Back