EK ZZZ 530 vs 630 chain

gsx1300rr

Registered
I currently run an ek zzz 530 and its held up great- rated for a max hp of 185hp. But when I was looking for new chains I saw there is an EK 630 rated for 500hp, made for drag bikes. Does anyone run this chain on their turbo bike? is it good for street use? It is the same price as the 530 chain online so I wanted to ask around before I go with something new.

heres a link to what I was looking at- http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=390582030702

I've recently read a thread where a guy basically lost an engine running that chain. That chain has a higher tensil strength than the 530 but isn't made for prolonged street riding. It is designed for drag racing. In other words short runs with cool down periods. The 630 can't take the heat like the EK ZZZ 530.

Non oring, but works good on sand rails and non street ridden stuff.. I have used the zvx2 zst chain over 400 hp and it works great...power application and chain maintenance dictates how well and long chain last...

The comment Dado said made sense. That 530 ZZZ is a pretty tough chain, didn't know it was only rated for 185hp but I'm sure guys running street turbo setups are using them with no problems or there woulda been a ton of bad posts about it on here.

Yeah from all accounts that chain is top notch :thumbsup: I just installed 1 on my bike before winter hit and I plan on staying with it

Back