EK ZVX2 Pin Flare

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I'm about to put my chain together on my 2010 and I'm just wondering how much I should flare the master link joint pins (im mm) that I got with the chain. Also, what gap do I press the joint plates together?..( don't have instructions). Or do I just follow the maintenance manual?

Thanks.

I'd like to know too . Gonna be doing mine in about a week. Did you get the chain from Goldenchild?

ok so in the ml pack is some silver plates to keep you from crushing o-rings. get chain to length you want it, put 2 orings on link and a little grease from package, slide thru chain. put two front orings on and grease them then put the front plate on. get it started with press tool. then put the silver plates over orings on front and back of link. i use calipers to measure the two links next to it. i then start pressing link together and get it down to same size as others. i then when spreading the center of each pin i do it enough that it cant pull back through even if hit with a hammer... it doesn't take alot cause you dont want to crack it.. email me with any questions, its part of the service for your parts purchase from me..same for you frisbee get your info from where you buy your parts so they are no longer a issue..

Thanks Golden. I just thought it would be a general question (shoulda thought of buggin ya!!)

And yes Frisbee. Golden hooked me up big time! Can't wait to post pics tomorrow. The swingarm and the chain is the last thing I have to (first time for me).

I'm out of town but my email still works, just bug me if need be...i rather you get right info so there are no issues..

Thanks Golden. I just thought it would be a general question (shoulda thought of buggin ya!!)

And yes Frisbee. Golden hooked me up big time! Can't wait to post pics tomorrow. The swingarm and the chain is the last thing I have to (first time for me).

Back