EK 3D Chains.

It's the black and gold I like.They are quite expensive though.
Where are they made?If US then the tax and shipping would be crazy
I think they are made in Japan.

How many links for a standard busa?
To avoid confusion, I find it best to speak about chain length in the number of pins.

I'll probably give it to a guy I know to do it.
Make sure he's trustworthy. If the master link pin isn't riveted adequately, the chain will fly off. I've only done two chains in my life but I was extremely careful about measuring the rivet head. I used an EK chain tool and it seemed to be foolproof. Tighten it until it comes to a definite stop and it will be riveted perfectly. Of course, I would measure as you squash the rivets too because you don't want to go too tight.

If you get an EK chain tool make sure you lube the threads before you use it. I guess I'd do that with any chain tool but the threads galled on my EK tool. They say the DID tool is good. I don't know if the riveting plate is the same as the EK tool but people have used the DID tool to install EK chains.

I think they are made in Japan.

To avoid confusion, I find it best to speak about chain length in the number of pins.

Make sure he's trustworthy. If the master link pin isn't riveted adequately, the chain will fly off. I've only done two chains in my life but I was extremely careful about measuring the rivet head. I used an EK chain tool and it seemed to be foolproof. Tighten it until it comes to a definite stop and it will be riveted perfectly. Of course, I would measure as you squash the rivets too because you don't want to go too tight.

If you get an EK chain tool make sure you lube the threads before you use it. I guess I'd do that with any chain tool but the threads galled on my EK tool. They say the DID tool is good. I don't know if the riveting plate is the same as the EK tool but people have used the DID tool to install EK chains.
Cheers man.This guy was my bike mechanic before I started doing work myself and he is excellent.Hes a professional.I know him 13 years and he worked on my past bikes for about 8 of those.

I had ordered a fuel injector from there for 20002 GSX 1300r. I have been using it since last year and satisfied with the quality yeah they really have good products at reasonable prices

Motion-Pro makes a good chain tool as well, I have had one for many years.
Just avoid the small one. I'd only go with one of the larger ones because I found the stress of pressing a pin out to be about as much as even those can take. We're talking a screw with threads here, even M12 threads can only take so much. I'd say it takes a good 80 ft lbs to press a pin through. Somepeople just cut the chain with a grinder. I tried a hack saw and gave up.

@murphc13 the Z3D is a classy looking chain and great quality. I remember someone saying go with a ZVX if you have turbo though. I guess anything is going to wear faster with turbo.

Just avoid the small one. I'd only go with one of the larger ones because I found the stress of pressing a pin out to be about as much as even those can take. We're talking a screw with threads here, even M12 threads can only take so much. I'd say it takes a good 80 ft lbs to press a pin through. Somepeople just cut the chain with a grinder. I tried a hack saw and gave up.

@murphc13 the Z3D is a classy looking chain and great quality. I remember someone saying go with a ZVX if you have turbo though. I guess anything is going to wear faster with turbo.
Turbo:lol:Nah man.Standard engine beside slip ons(that I'll change soon).These bikes accelerate like crazy out of the box.Plenty for me.I love buses:banana:

I grind the 2 pin heads off the old chain with a grinder, then push them out.

Back