Eject Helmet Removal System - Anyone used it?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So I'm flipping through this months motorcyclist magazine and see this new gizmo that says it can help get a helmet off correctly if you are down. I'm a little skeptical BUT know that helmet removal when there is a spinal injury can and more than not DOES cause additional injury if done incorrectly.

The system looks cool and is only $60 seems like it would be worth while to invest....although its hard to say any EMS folks would even know about it.

Thoughts? :thumbsup:

Eject Helmet Removal System

unless it was made a standard, i doubt that ems personnel would know it was there. maybe there's a sticker that comes with it. it's a good idea tho.

there is a sticker and the inflation device, manual or CO2 is attached when needed and is not always connected :thumbsup:

unless it was made a standard, i doubt that ems personnel would know it was there. maybe there's a sticker that comes with it. it's a good idea tho.

+1 on knowing its there and what it does. Just takes time for new technology to become mainstream

+1 on knowing its there and what it does. Just takes time for new technology to become mainstream

yeah they have a free online certification program, EMT jump kits that can be used on folks that do not have the system installed as well as some practice units. Seems they are using these in a number of main stream motor sports events and are pushing for track owners/users. Just not sure from reading the info if its worth the investment now or not. I doubt the EMTs in bumblefudge TN/NC will be aware of it, then again with all the bikers in the area perhaps they will be the only ones ??? I am fairly certain that here on Long Island it would be useless, the local rescue folks probably have never heard of it. :banghead:

Although not an air bladder system like this one.....My Arai already has an emergency safe quick release system built in that most EMS are aware of as far as I know.

Those have been around for a little while in racing. Fairly new on the street though I think. If I got lucky and got the right EMS guy (couple I know ride sport bikes), it'd work. Otherwise, probably SOL.

Back