Educate me on turbo setup

Builder45

Registered
I just picked up a 1992 GSXR 1100 that I'm building for the drag strip (will not be ridden on the street). I know, it's not a Hayabusa, but there seems to be a lot of knowledge here and it is at least a Suzuki. I'm looking at the Proboost kit with the external waste gate option (pretty much the only company that makes a turbo kit for the 1100 as far as I know) link: https://www.proboost.fi/motorcycle-turbo-kits. I'd like to set my bike up to be around 200hp out of the gate to keep it safe (all stock motor at the moment) until I build a proper motor for the turbo. My question is, besides buying the kit, what else do I need to have this thing fully operational at the track? I don't know what I don't know. I'm concerned I'm going to drop $3600 on this kit and find out I need another $1k getting it setup to run. I'll be getting a lockup clutch and I do have a Dyna 2000 ignition. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

In my opinion 200hp on a stock 1100 motor isn't going to happen safely without some motor build. At a very minimum I would do turbo pistons, rods, and heavy duty valve springs. Can you do it without ya. Will you be tearing it down with the potential of major damage and redoing it again, yup pretty much bet money on it.

Back