Ecu unleashed

I think what he is saying... that with the ECU Unleashed + a proper dyno tune is the optimum circumstance with aftermarket exhausts, filters, and basic bolt-on parts.

What I am saying is that the EU reflash will get you very close - fuel wise - in addition to all the other benefits that will de-restrict the bike and make it run much better. What I am also saying, is for the VERY discriminating rider - the person who wants the absolute best - a proper fuel dyno tune, on top of the flash, will serve to dial in the final fuel requirements the bike may have.

Now, for you guys that already have a custom map done through your powercommander, or whatever - Ecu Unleashed has a way of importing that map - with some very important additions - into your existing Ecu, enabling you to be rid of that powercommander completely. But as I said in a previous post, it is not exactly what you think, and I need to elaborate, since it is even better than you may think. I will do so in an additional post before the end of today. Gotta go back to work . . .:poke:

Outstanding as always. I am not a very eloquent speaker or able to put into words the meaning as you can. Fantastic information. Many are very excited about this product. :thumbsup:

Okay. Now onto the subject of importing powercommander "djm" files (or whatever) into the factory ECU to make the perfect box.

One of the biggest problems we are seeing today is that most of the products out there are behind the times as far as communication protocol, transfer speeds, and even more important - map resolution. Most interfaces offer basic adjustments in a "non linear" manner. The best way I can describe it is this: if you look at any curve, be it fuel, ignition, horsepower, torque, suspension - whatever the curve is, the smoother and more linear you can make it the smoother and more effective the results will be.

The two graphs that follow are the same exact run. The first is plotted with a smoothing factor of 5, the second is plotted using no smoothing factor whatsoever:

smoothgraph.jpg

unsmoothgraph.jpg

The second chart you see in the last post reveals something we don't usually talk about, and that is this: a powercommander, or Bazzaz, or whatever - makes changes in a "non linear" manner. A powercommander is capable of making steps like this:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - and so on.

This is what we would call a "stepped" mapping curve - sort of like a staircase.

The factory ECU however, makes transitions like this:

1.0 - 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.4 - and so on.

Very linear, using short increments. A powercommander "djm" map makes larger, non-linear, staircase-like steps. That is why when you print a chart with no smoothing you see all those spikes - one of which actually ended up causing a bigger hp number on the very same run.

For this reason, we will NOT simply "import" a djm file into the ECU. That is like putting a Volkswagen motor in a Ferrari. Djm files are primitive compared to factory ECU files. Importing djm files directly into a factory ECU is not correct, and not a benefit. However, we can use the overall curve from the djm to develop a linear map file, and build the fuel map parameters within the factory ECU from it - the best of both worlds. So for those of you who already have a good custom dyno map - we CAN use it to make your factory ECU the best it can be for your application . . .

Okay. Now onto the subject of importing powercommander "djm" files (or whatever) into the factory ECU to make the perfect box.

One of the biggest problems we are seeing today is that most of the products out there are behind the times as far as communication protocol, transfer speeds, and even more important - map resolution. Most interfaces offer basic adjustments in a "non linear" manner. The best way I can describe it is this: if you look at any curve, be it fuel, ignition, horsepower, torque, suspension - whatever the curve is, the smoother and more linear you can make it the smoother and more effective the results will be.
QUOTE]

I could not agree more with that statement! :thumbsup:

I understand you can also raise/increase the RPM Redline/revlimiter? If so, how mutch and is it adjustable? For instance, could you raise it by 200 RPM or 2000 RPM or any where inbetween if you so desired?

This really sounds great. My question is can the california model restrictions be removed by EU reflash? From what I understand this model has restrictions, cannot remember off hand what exactly it is. Also how would the reflash benefit after market exhaust or would a map need to be downloaded to get maxim performance?

MC - The California ECU's do not have additional restrictions significant enough to notice a difference in power gains. There are small differences in the AIS system Pair Valve but no differences in the main power restrictions like the throttle maps and ignition timing. The EU reflash has to take into account your aftermarket exhaust and any other mods you may have, in order to optimize performance. We need to know everything done to the bike, so that in addition to everything else, a fuel map can be built that is tailored to YOUR bike.

I understand you can also raise/increase the RPM Redline/revlimiter? If so, how mutch and is it adjustable? For instance, could you raise it by 200 RPM or 2000 RPM or any where inbetween if you so desired?

Exactly how much the rev limiter CAN be raised varies from model to model. Generally, yes, we can raise it by 200 rpm or 2000 rpm, or anything in-between. The question is: how much SHOULD the rev limiter be raised? Again, this varies from model to model. I have seen many ECUs that have had their rev limiters raised way higher than they should have - well past the peak horsepower. On most bikes, this is a mistake. Whenever you consider rev limits, many things have to be taken into consideration - mechanical things like valve trains, and measurable things, like the horsepower curve. And if your bike makes peak power at 10,800 rpm, wringing it out to 12,500 ain't necessarily gonna be a good thing for you or your motor . . .:poke:

The questions keep coming, and thats great - I will try and answer every one of them. As far as specific combinations are concerned, whether you have an Akrapovic, Ti Force, Voo Doos, or Lord Humoungus with the Electrolux ram-air, I need to make this clear: the amount of increase you see at the rear wheel will be heavily dependent on which bike we are talking about, HOWEVER -I am confident that ALL bikes will show some kind of improvement from the addition of an Ecu Unleashed reflash. The 2011 ZX10 would show a 15 hp gain minimum . . . an 02 Busa closer to 7-9 hp; 09 Yamaha R6 9-10 hp, 04 ZX10 4-5 hp . . . all would be different, however the newer the bikes are the more gains we are able to get due to the restrictions that are being implemented. Euro 4 EPA restrictions will be here before you know it (its already in France) and that is when ECU tuning will not just be a performance service, it will be a necessity. Restrictions will only increase. With that in mind, let me say this:

POWERHOUSE MOTORCYCLES is so confident that you will be happy with you Ecu Unleashed modification that we will
offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with the performance gains from your re-flash, POWERHOUSE
will refund the cost of the service. To qualify for the money-back guarantee, you will need to have a dyno graph of your
bike with HP, Torque, and A/F before AND after the ECU was tuned. If no gains were delivered by the flash, we will
flash your ECU back to stock and refund your money - it's that simple.

The money back guarantee offer is good for 10 days following your receipt of the re-flashed ECU. Just call me, or email me. :laugh:

I have a 2008 busa with brocks AH , PCIII and dyno tuned, as I live in the Denver area, how will the altitude affect this mod?

Fascinating reading. While both my bikes have Aftermarket Exhaust (full on my Busa), with the exception of Race filters, the Electronics are all stock. Mostly because I knew it would perform WELL ENOUGH with the mods, but would also perform without issue if I ever wanted to change/remove the exhaust to replace or to sell the bike.

My question is: When you do an ECU Tune, what happens when you change one of the parameters (Full exhaust, back to stock exhaust, etc.), do you then have to have the ECU retuned so that it will run stock without issue? I know if you use a fuel management device, then you have to use a different map. Could you please elaborate on whether or not this hurts or helps an OEM bike, or what has to be done if you then change the configuration after the tune?

Thanks!

Fascinating reading. While both my bikes have Aftermarket Exhaust (full on my Busa), with the exception of Race filters, the Electronics are all stock. Mostly because I knew it would perform WELL ENOUGH with the mods, but would also perform without issue if I ever wanted to change/remove the exhaust to replace or to sell the bike.

My question is: When you do an ECU Tune, what happens when you change one of the parameters (Full exhaust, back to stock exhaust, etc.), do you then have to have the ECU retuned so that it will run stock without issue? I know if you use a fuel management device, then you have to use a different map. Could you please elaborate on whether or not this hurts or helps an OEM bike, or what has to be done if you then change the configuration after the tune?

Thanks!

Ninety percent of what is done to the ECU when it is reflashed has nothing to do with AFR . . . removing factory restrictions, optimizing the fuel and ignition curves, deceleration out-ramping, throttle maps, increasing rev limits, removing top speed limiters and ignition retard in the lower gears. If you tell us that you have a full exhaust, the fuel mapping will indeed be changed to accommodate that exhaust. If you then go and install a stock exhaust back on that same bike, the fuel mapping will be off. The only way to rectify that would be either another reflash, or piggybacking a fuel module like a powercommander, and making the relevant adjustments. Everything previously done during the reflash - all the parameters that were changed, other than fuel - remain, and are fine.

In regard to a totally stock Hayabusa, we are seeing 6-8 more peak rwhp on these with the Ecu Unleashed reflash. Which brings me to another point that is oh so important:

I was asked about a Kaw 636 (sixpack?), and what an EU reflash could do for that bike. My response was that the normal results seen on the older 600cc bikes is anywhere from 4-6% at peak, as well as significant gains in the mid-range, where 600s need it the most. Now, that 4% gain would be realized with a STOCK exhaust - you would see more with additional mods like a full exhaust. Results can depend on many things like mileage, engine condition, etc, but you should expect them and will get them. Remember, thats part of our guarantee. Now, here is the point I wanted to get to, and it applies to every bike:

Due to the optimized deceleration mapping (off-throttle fuel mapping), your bike is going to show much improved ride-ability and on/off throttle characteristics. These improvements offer better stability and predictability during corner entry, mid-corner corrections and exits, giving you a more stable bike overall. Our roadracers are seeing significantly better lap times - and this is simply by increasing the rider's confidence.

And yes, a fuel module like a powercommander or Bazzaz can be piggybacked right along with your reflashed ECU, and this will NOT cause any issues - as long as it has been professionally tuned by an authorized tuning center.

BTW - POWERHOUSE MOTORCYCLES is up and running in regard to EU reflashing. In the upcoming weeks, we will be hitting this forum with bikes and dyno charts for motorcycles being reflashed in our shop. We have several bikes lined up, and will post all results . . .

Thanks for detailed reply.

referring to the the above, do you also have to reflash a cat-back only exhaust?

Thanks for detailed reply.

referring to the the above, do you also have to reflash a cat-back only exhaust?

If you are referring to the fuel map portion of the flash, I would say yes, and recommend that you let us know exactly what you have, since it is not stock . . .

If you are referring to the fuel map portion of the flash, I would say yes, and recommend that you let us know exactly what you have, since it is not stock . . .

Assumed so thanks for clarification.

Back