ECU Reflash VS PCIII

What should I do?

• Keep what you have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to 02 Harness/Reflash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My bike currently has a FMU and PCIII, I was thinking about getting rid of the PCIII and putting a 02+ Harness/ECU in so I can do the reflash in hopes of better driveability. Is the reflash alone good on our bikes to control boost, big injectors and so on?

My bike currently has a FMU and PCIII, I was thinking about getting rid of the PCIII and putting a 02+ Harness/ECU in so I can do the reflash in hopes of better driveability. Is the reflash alone good on our bikes to control boost, big injectors and so on?

02-07 you can trim the map to handle the bigger injectors, and you can also have the ecu itself tuned on the dyno, in addition to modifying timing and eliminating gear limiters, including top speed. You will not be able to use it to control boost fueling, since this option is only available on the Gen 2 ecus (08-12). And I would not use ecu editor to control boost in any case, since the single solenoid setup that software uses totally sucks and does not target correctly. I am assuming that somewhere down the line new software will be developed to control two solenoids for boost control.

So if I was going to waste my time swapping harness's and such (I am cleaning up the mess the previous owner made of the harness now) I really should get the 08+ Engine and Main harness to do the job? I might be better off keeping my setup unless a good deal pops up. Hmmm...

If it runs good leave it. The ecu on the gen 1 is stil bad ass and can do plenty on a turbo bike. Just gotta run a boost controller and a microtech.

Back