Ecu reflash recommrndations

Dookoo

Registered
I would like to get my ecu reflashed to delete the top speed limiter and 1st/2nd gear detune. Any recommendations in Calif area, preferably central coast area? If none, I don't mind shipping. The LagunaSeca track day left me wishing for more from 2nd gear. I only need A mode. I wish to keep the catalytic converter with no other engine mods. Thanks in advance.

If you can't find anyone local I'll do it, but I'm in VA.
You'de be without an ecu for about a week from shipping.

I do my own tune up. I have a 08. This flashing deal depends on how you want your bike to run. I like my bike to have power ranges in certain areas, These are not top fuelers. So the best power is STP's, Ign, Inj Bal, fuel. But you have to get all of these in Sync. What you want is to get a very powerful bike that is fun to ride. If you get to much timing @ low end you run in to a rich cond. @ idol. You have to understand it is a very sofisticated ECU. You can have the best Dyno done by the best. But will it run the way you want. It is easy to make it run and tame it down in low gears, keep the front end down, And pull hard thru all gears. If you want to do it your self I can tell you what and what not to do. I am in the SF area. Hey if you want to have some fun come on the freeway in second about 55 to 6 and let her rip. Make sure you have plenty of room those cars just go away. I like coming on 280 @ 92 heading north about 5 lanes they run about 80 to 90 +. It is so fun to rip buy them they see you come on the freeway and then then. You can make the tune up run so smooth and powerful with little throttle.

The restriction that the factory installed is the timing retard in all the gears. With it removed and rev limiter bumped up a little you will feel the power in all the gears. Your bike will be wheelie prone once the speed restriction is removed. I hope that explains it for you.

With ECU flash the timing maps are automatically set to one map for all gears as soon as you enter the "edit ignition map" mode. It's that simple. To remove the top speed limiter, enter the "edit limiters" mode and check the box. You might as well just buy the setup and to it yourself as there are many other things you can do with ECU editor. The hardest part is getting the wires into the factory connectors.

I didn't feel a thing from removing the ignition retard on my 08. I did notice a difference on my 05 when I bought a TRE for it years ago.

Dan at MPS Racing in Casselberry, Fl will re-flash it and ship it back too. I live near there so I drove by and had it done. It was like a whole new bike, I couldn't believe how much more there was in there.
:beerchug:

I do a lot of interstate and highway riding would a ecu flash benefit me? Just wondering if its worth the price of $450 hear in Roanoke from the stealership.

I do a lot of interstate and highway riding would a ecu flash benefit me? Just wondering if its worth the price of $450 hear in Roanoke from the stealership.

$450!!!!!:rofl:
As always, StarCity are overpriced crooks.
The flash is going to make the bike more aggressive at lower rpms, especially in 1st/2nd.
As well as get rid of the the top speed limiter.
If you just like to cruise, I can't really say you'll notice any gains
I'm about 35 minutes from you...and I'll flash it for free.

No dyno as far as I know. Was just told 450 for the flash.

If they are not dyno tuning it and flashing a map same time than they are going to do no more than what Sixpack has offered to do for free. Anyone can flip a few 'switches' inside your ecu but tuning the bike along with that is what's best.
No dyno I'd mail it to Sixpack.

If they are not dyno tuning it and flashing a map same time than they are going to do no more than what Sixpack has offered to do for free. Anyone can flip a few 'switches' inside your ecu but tuning the bike along with that is what's best.
No dyno I'd mail it to Sixpack.

Mail? He can be at my house and home before the mailman even picks it up:laugh:

That dealer's prices have always been ridiculous.
Myself and friends have been there bike shopping a few times, we laughed out the door at their prices, retail and then some.
No one there ever wanted to help us either. Their loss, we all bought elsewhere.

$450!!!!!:rofl:
As always, StarCity are overpriced crooks.
The flash is going to make the bike more aggressive at lower rpms, especially in 1st/2nd.
As well as get rid of the the top speed limiter.
If you just like to cruise, I can't really say you'll notice any gains
I'm about 35 minutes from you...and I'll flash it for free.

Yep I didn't want to say names but its obvious that you know what I'm talking about six. 450 is crazy. Cruise is a relative term really. Lol. I like to have fun just not to much fun. Just don't want to make the bike un rideable that's all. I'm just worried about screwing up something.

O and not to bash the dealer but i went all the way to Unionville Va at Village Motorsports to get my bike. I only saved about $1500 dollars doing that. Lol

Yep I didn't want to say names but its obvious that you know what I'm talking about six. 450 is crazy. Cruise is a relative term really. Lol. I like to have fun just not to much fun. Just don't want to make the bike un rideable that's all. I'm just worried about screwing up something.

That's cool, I've done a lot of them, let me know if you ever want it done.

Back