Ecu Issues

ZeePopo

Registered
Anyone willing to flash my ecu? I took my 2008 busa in to get the throttle bodys synched and they said they couldn't do it, the the Ecu wouldn't communicate properly . I'm trying to figure out if this ecu is junk or if it was flashed in such a way that it stopped the communications necessary to synch the throttle bodies.

Ive been awake a very long time, I could be way off. But to me, throttle body synch is a mechanical manipulation of the butterflies. Nothing to do with an ecu. Your ecu did not change on its own. The map is the map it was in 2008. I do not see what changing that map would do for "synching" throttle bodies. You can flash an ecu to use all cylinders to utilize the same map but I am fairly certain it is that way from the factory and we just do it anyway.

ISC must be turned off in Ecu Editor under Advanced Settings, to sync throttle bodies on an 08 or newer Busa.
Gen2's have STP's, secondary throttle plates, also controlled by the ecu.
Suzuki dealer will turn off ISC with Suzuki software when they do a
gen2 throttle body sync. Otherwise, you use Ecu Editor, Woolrich, or ECU Unleashed to do this.
Ecu Editor can flash an ecu, and back to stock at any time, and without causing dealer problems.
But apparently Woolrich software(I have no personal experience with Woolrich)permanently changes how the ecu code is read.
Possibly causing dealer Suzuki software or Ecu Editor to not recognize your ecu.
That is what I would look into.
If the bike is running decent, the ecu is fine.
You may/may not be able flash that particular ecu now for whatever reason.

Sync was done by a Suzuki dealership. Yeah I'm afraid the ecu wont take a flash. Six can I ship you the ecu and see if it will flash with ECU editor?

ISC must be turned off in Ecu Editor under Advanced Settings, to sync throttle bodies on an 08 or newer Busa.
Gen2's have STP's, secondary throttle plates, also controlled by the ecu.
Suzuki dealer will turn off ISC with Suzuki software when they do a
gen2 throttle body sync. Otherwise, you use Ecu Editor, Woolrich, or ECU Unleashed to do this.
Ecu Editor can flash an ecu, and back to stock at any time, and without causing dealer problems.
But apparently Woolrich software(I have no personal experience with Woolrich)permanently changes how the ecu code is read.
Possibly causing dealer Suzuki software or Ecu Editor to not recognize your ecu.
That is what I would look into.
If the bike is running decent, the ecu is fine.
You may/may not be able flash that particular ecu now for whatever reason.
eah i

Sure,
But I can't make you any promises that my Ecu Editor will be able to read it either.
And, if the sync wasn't able to be done, then I'de have to turn the ISC off(assuming it works), have the sync done, then have the ecu flashed again to turn the ISC back on.
So you'de have to ship me the ecu twice.
Otherwise, you can't sync the TB's, and I'de just turn off the restrictions in Ecu Editor(again, assuming it works).
I wouldn't charge you anything, but it's your shipping cost twice and down time.
Alot of trouble for you, but if you can't work anything else out, I'll do whatever I can.

I would say the person doing the work didn't know what he was doing and the sync on the Gen II is different from the Gen I

Back