ECU Flashing expert

Spkrdctr

Registered
OK guys. I clicked on "BoostbySmith" on here and bought the ECU harness. Who out there in Hayabusa.org land is going to step up and help me figure out the program and how to use it once I get it all hooked up? Who here knows there stuff?:please:

I will need a lot of help until I get up to speed on how to change parameters and copy/perform flashes etc. :please:

Have you watched the videos Greg has out? I'm far from an expert but manage to wade thru it. Greg monitors this site pretty well and is always willing to help out. Logbox and a wideband O2 is the only way to go, IMHO. Here's some links:

Setting up USB Cable / Basic Flashing Sequence www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/gen2ecu1-setting-up.wmv

Basic Fuel / Ignition / Rev Limiter Changes www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuvideo3.wmv

More Advanced Nitrous Tuning using MS feature, window, wot,etc. www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/ecuvideo4.wmv

More advanced tuning: Secondary Throttle Plates: www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/gen2ecu2-stp-tuning.wmv

More advanced tuning: Injector Balancing functions: www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/gen2ecu3-injector-balancing.wmv

More Advanced tuning: excel copy and paste: www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/gen2ecu4-excelpasting.wmv

How to run Vista or Windows 7 as Administrator: www.boostbysmith.com/Videos/run-as-admin.wmv

No expert here either, but the things you can do without a dyno are very simple.
I've turned off restrictions and turned fans on at lower temp in 7 busas. Played with stp's too.
Easy:thumbsup:

So what do you really want to accomplish from the ECU editor. And what year is your bike. Mine is a 08, And yes all my settings STP, Inj Bal, Timming are out there. Some of my maps run good and some fair, And some not. But i can tell you what works and what don't, And what those settings will do to it. I am getting close to figuering out the ratio between STP and fuel. Sunday i will be riding and hopefully it runs like i think it will. Its almost ready to go on the Dyno and fine tune it. :please:

No expert here either, but the things you can do without a dyno are very simple.
I've turned off restrictions and turned fans on at lower temp in 7 busas. Played with stp's too.
Easy:thumbsup:

I am a first hand believer and living proof! The small changes made in conjunction with my custom map and PCV, really make my bike scream. :thumbsup:

That list of videos was perfect! I wanted the STP modification info and he explained it all. I'm good to go. You guys are great at answering questions! Thanks.

Back