ECU flashing a B King

FreezingIrish

Registered
Hello all, Ive read that instead of installing a Heal Tech X-tre its better to have the B King ECU flashed as a Busa......less problems and issues apparently.
Dunno if this is BS or not - I live in the Netherlands so would also appreciate if any Dutch owners can advise if this process is done locally in the Netherlands...

Cheers

I flashed my B-King as a Busa with the restrictions removed, as well as 3 others.
It's a much better bike this way!
I'm sorry, I have no idea who can do it where you live.
You can ship the ecu to someone too, as you don't need the bike to do it.

Hey Sixpack577,

Just had a few questions. when you flash the Bkings ecu to a busa its just copying the busa bin file to the ecu right? Or does every bike need a bit different tweaks here and there depending on their mods? Also do u use the woolich racing interface or boostbysmith and does it make any difference in which one you use?
Thank you.

Hey Sixpack577,

Just had a few questions. when you flash the Bkings ecu to a busa its just copying the busa bin file to the ecu right? Or does every bike need a bit different tweaks here and there depending on their mods? Also do u use the woolich racing interface or boostbysmith and does it make any difference in which one you use?
Thank you.

I have the Boostbysmith flasher, and have no experience with the Woolrich.
Just flash the B-King ecu as a Busa. It'll give you a message that it's a different ecu and do you want to proceed. Click yes, as the ecu's are physically the same, only the bin file itself is different. You can also put it back to a B-King at any time.
Then go in to the Busa bin and click Enable Smart TRE and disable top speed limiter(check one box and it does both).
Remove the fuel soft cut. Change fan on/off temp if you want in Advanced Settings, 5 degree incraments.
Set STP fueling to 100% in every cell in every gear.
Set STP opening rate, copy/paste 1st/5th map to the other gears.
You also must click "Enable B-King Guages" in Advanced Settings.
That's it.
You won't get an FI light for the midpipe exhaust valve either, as the Busa/Busa bin doesn't have it.
Remove the cables from the midpipe valve(and the servo too if you want), the valve's spring will
hold it in it's most open position with them disconnected. I went back and removed the butterfly tself from the midpipe(needs shaft opening tig welded).

I actually dont have either of the ecu flashing units. Also i am not confident to do the ecu thing myself so most probably someone else will have to do it. I am just not comfortable with electronics on the bike.
Its funny i used to be a helicopter mechanic and i cant work on my own bike. One big reason is i dont have any tools.

I actually dont have either of the ecu flashing units. Also i am not confident to do the ecu thing myself so most probably someone else will have to do it. I am just not comfortable with electronics on the bike.
Its funny i used to be a helicopter mechanic and i cant work on my own bike. One big reason is i dont have any tools.

I'll flash it for you free if you want it done, it's very simple.
I have a bench flasher and only need the ecu itself, not the bike.
I've done 4 B-Kings this way, and we all agree that it's a different bike.
I would definitely remove the exhaust valve cables and do an air box mod if you haven't

Thanks a lot for the offer i really appreciate it. And yes i already have the airbox mod kit from machinist and will also do the exhaust valve removal.
Just waiting on some parts to come in so i can then start the whole process.
Thank you very much.

Im sorry for asking so many questions but i have one more. So after i get the air-box mod done and assume i get the ecu flashed, would i need to install a Power commander and get the bike tuned.
Just wanted to know if you are riding your bike only with the ecu flashed or also with a PCV. Because i already bought one used thinking i needed both for some reason.
I just dont want to get the ecu flashed and ride the bike without a PCV and tuning it and find out later i damaged my engine or something.
I assume by flashing the ecu to a busa would only remove restrictions and some other good stuff but doesnt do anything with the airfuel ratio.

Im sorry for asking so many questions but i have one more. So after i get the air-box mod done and assume i get the ecu flashed, would i need to install a Power commander and get the bike tuned.
Just wanted to know if you are riding your bike only with the ecu flashed or also with a PCV. Because i already bought one used thinking i needed both for some reason.
I just dont want to get the ecu flashed and ride the bike without a PCV and tuning it and find out later i damaged my engine or something.
I assume by flashing the ecu to a busa would only remove restrictions and some other good stuff but doesnt do anything with the airfuel ratio.

What we're talking about doesn't touch the air/fuel. Just removes some limits.
You can however have the a/f tuned, and everything else previously mentioned done with an Ecu editor dyno tune.
I plan on doing this after I get the full exhaust I want. Until then, clicking a few restrictions away is beneficial.
You can flash the things mentioned and not tune the a/f with Ecu Editor. That can still be done separately with a Power Commander is you so desire. Mainly because the dyno tuner doesn't know how to tune a/f with Ecu Editor.
You can also use a Power Commander base map. Which is a map that's already been created to run well with the exhaust you have. They are baselines meant to be better than stock. I have never been impressed with them. However, Brocks is known for making very good base maps(for their exhausts).
To dyno tune with Ecu Editor or Power Commander is beneficial.
To use a base map is anyones guess, but can help.
To flash the limits off in Ecu Editor, and/or change exhaust, and not change the a/f and it result in engine damage? I think not.
The bike's are simply improved, yet still not running to their full potential.
Where are all these bikes with engine damage resulting from full exhausts and/or derestrictions with stock a/f ratios?
Where? Someone show me the graveyard of boat anchors? Of any sportbike really, let alone a near bulletproof gen2 engine.
Any salvageyard gen2 engine you find is either physically destroyed from a bad crash...or the perfectly working engine is being sold out of a crashed bike. You also rarely to never hear or read of internal engine problems, on properly maintained engines.
Of the half dozen or so gen2's I've unrestricted with the bikes present, then and later, I've never seen them develop any engine issues resulting. Some ran the stock exhaust, some had full exhaust. All the spark plugs still looked the same several thousand miles later.
There are instances where gen2's have screwed up, and I've never read that the limiters had been removed or that the a/f was changed. It is very, very rare, search for yourself. Even if you found 3, do the math, and consider the thousands you never hear of, because they are still running great.
Myself and my friends ran full synthetic oil and did the regular maintenance...and ran the heck out them on a daily basis. Never had an issue.
So, dyno tune? Yes, whenever possible. Better running, better bike.
Base map? Sure, why not, if you trust it's source, give it a try. May help some.
Dyno tune with Ecu Editor or Ecu Editor and Power Commander? Which ever the tuner is able to do the best job with.
No a/f change, and/or full exhaust? Yes, an improvement.
Harmful? Almost never.
Hard evidence proving otherwise has yet to surface. Where are all the boat anchors? There aren't.
Many hard miles later on several bikes still running strong is enough for me!
This is my somewhat educated opnion:laugh:

You really explained everything i actually wanted to know about. Thank you taking the time to write all this in detail. It really helped me clear all my doubts and questions.

Wow, that is the best explanation I have heard and I have read hundreds of threads on this. Hoping I can send my ecu to you when the snow flies sixpack!

Wow, that is the best explanation I have heard and I have read hundreds of threads on this. Hoping I can send my ecu to you when the snow flies sixpack!

Glad it helped you understand the basics better.
Send it whenever.:beerchug:

Six, how do you get the STP opening map to save? Ill past over 2nd gear and then when I go to 3rd and then back to 2nd to double check all gears are the same it changes back to the stock setting.

Six, how do you get the STP opening map to save? Ill past over 2nd gear and then when I go to 3rd and then back to 2nd to double check all gears are the same it changes back to the stock setting.

I haven't had that problem.
I haven't done it in a while either, as I have the settings saved.
I'll try it and see and let you know.

I emailed Greg who had cc woolich racing in response. But ill try to download the current version of both programs and resave to see if that will correct issue.

Back