ECU EDitor won't read my ECU

wv rider

Registered
I am having problems getting ECU Editor read my ECU. When I try to do a read/verify it says unknown ecu. Any help is appreciated.

no. If I set it to run as admin it won't launch. the fdt I had to run as admin. All pins are fully seated in the connectors.

Go through the harness and make sure everything is connected of course. I have personally had 2 boxes that I had to return as I kept getting error messages too. Sent one all the way to Woolich in Australia even. Maybe someone else will chime in. Is your com port set? Will it connect for engine data?

I'm sure someone else will chime in, but sounds like a bad box to me. Know anyone with another one or the old flasher? Could try it. Good luck!

I have a gen 1 and a gen 2 flasher from Boost by Smith. I can flash it for you. If it a Boost By Smith contact Greg and he will help you out. Great guy!

Thanks for the offer. No, I didn't get it from greg, so I won't bother him. I think I am going to try running it on a different computer tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the offer. No, I didn't get it from greg, so I won't bother him. I think I am going to try running it on a different computer tonight and see if that makes a difference.

I don't know Greg as well as I do some, but I think the dude would help you through it. He helped develop it.

Back