ECU Editor Launch control

Aly Kabil

Registered
Hello Everyone,
can i know how to activate Launch control on ECU Editor?
is it possible already or not?

Are you talking the rev limiter while clutch pulled in? There's no "launch control" per se in ECU Editor, however there is the limiter in the "drag tools" portion of the ECU editor in "advanced options" I believe. In there you can set the limiter, along with the fuel and ignition kill. In there as well is the slue rate control which can be used almost like a traction control (takes a lot of tweeking to get right for your setup).

UNBELIEVABLE I haven't messed with my ECU Editor yet!!!! I hope you guys are around by the time I get to it. Too much messing around to do with two bikes and I'm slower than molasses in January.

Are you talking the rev limiter while clutch pulled in? There's no "launch control" per se in ECU Editor, however there is the limiter in the "drag tools" portion of the ECU editor in "advanced options" I believe. In there you can set the limiter, along with the fuel and ignition kill. In there as well is the slue rate control which can be used almost like a traction control (takes a lot of tweeking to get right for your setup).
Yes ColdBusa, i am talking about clutch in, so i can stop on the start line and pull the clutch in and opent the throttle for example 6000RPM and when the green light on i leave the clutch and start moving, i just need to know how to activate it and how to use it and how to achive the best result out of it

thanks

I wouldn't mess with the two-step if you have a street bike/hand clutch. If you pull the clutch lever, pin the throttle, bounce the engine off the two step at 6,000 RPMs and toss the lever, you're in for a very short ride.Two steps are really for sliders or engine driven multi-stage lockups.

I wouldn't mess with the two-step if you have a street bike/hand clutch. If you pull the clutch lever, pin the throttle, bounce the engine off the two step at 6,000 RPMs and toss the lever, you're in for a very short ride.Two steps are really for sliders or engine driven multi-stage lockups.
I ran one on a hand clutch bike, left at about 6200 rpm and basically threw the clutch away, but I'm a heavy guy. Weighed about 260 then, bike was 64".

i
will use it in drag race but with stock clutch

Actually I tried the same way in the video but it’s not working, I am using ECU editor and Woolich racing together, I make the bonfire on EE then save it and open it from Woolish but it’s still not working, any other idea or help??

and one more question about wire harness for the Gen 1 hayabusa, any one here know if I have the ECU editor bench harness or Woolish Bench harness for gen2,can I change the pins to work on Gen 1 ECU?

I don't believe it will work if you're using the Woolich. You might have to go and buy their "Drag Tools" option to be able to use that.

I don't believe it will work if you're using the Woolich. You might have to go and buy their "Drag Tools" option to be able to use that.
I asked them before, and they who told me about the way of saving first the file at EE then open it from WRT software and everything I saved and activate in EE will be working in the background of the WRT file

Just checked their website and launch control is definitely in their Race Tools package that you have to purchase. I would contact them again specifically about it.

@Mr Brown and @ItsDooomz , would you guys mind expounding on what is so risky about using a two step on a street bike? I was planning to hook up the two step function in DJ's ignition module on my ZX-14. That would be mainly for kicks on the street, I'm not a serious drag racer.

So you pull the clutch lever shifting from 1st to 2nd. The rpm drops from say 10,000 to 6,000 for a split second because the launch rev limiter cuts ignition. Then the clutch lever is released and I'm back on the throttle. If I shift really slow, the rpm could drop from 10,000 to 6,000 before I release the clutch lever and get back on the gas. Same thing as the two step doing it except no ignition cut. How's that hard on the clutch?

I guess this is going OT a bit but this seems as good of a place as any to ask since the guy is also planning to do the same thing I am.

I never said anything about it being risky. You don't seem to understand how a 2 step works. It's not active between gears, unless you're one who uses the clutch to shift. It's only active when the clutch switch is engaged, and it lets go as soon as that switch clicks.

@Mr Brown Yup, that's how I understand they work, pull the clutch lever, open the throttle 100% and the engine revs to whatever you set your launch rpm at. Slip the clutch at WOT, the launch rev limit remains at what it is set at. Clutch lever fully (or almost fully) released, the clutch sensor switch closes and the launch rev limiter is deactivated, you can rev as high as you want up to whatever your redline limiter is set at.

I have a quickshifter on the bike but I'm not sure I'll be able to use that for peak rpm shifts. It has not been extremely reliable for high rpm shifts so far. I have to sort that out. That's a whole different topic though.

If I use the clutch lever to shift with a two step, I know it's going to zip the launch rev limit for 90 milliseconds or so while I have the clucth lever pulled. Is there any harm in that?

Sounds like this guy might have been using the clutch to shift. I think I heard the launch limiter come on shifting to second in some video I saw years back. Maybe that was the redline limiter I heard.

Scroll to 25.

Last edited:
Back