ECU Editor/Dyno Operator Videos

SABUSABOY

Registered
Guys

Could we not get some of our esteemed dyno operators from the Org to make a DVD on how to tune using ECU Editor and a dyno.

Some of the money charged for the DVD can be donated to ECUeditor.com to help fund future development. Plus this would also help for tuners in other areas and countries not familiar with the ECU editor / dyno process to service new customers, further development and report possible issues.

I would be first in line for one as i have a friend who i have been trying to promote to using the 2 products but without success.

I have watched a a good operator use PC, Bazzazz, and Editor and while they are different the priciples are the same on all of them. I think a good tuner that is a little computer savy should be able to use ECU Editor easily with what is already available as reference material from Greg Smith.

Awesome Idea!!
I have a tuner here that wants to get more involved in the ECU editor to dyno with but hasnt yet bought the interface. I think a lot of dyno tuners are intimidated by the laptops and software, Hey it is 2011 though and this is what it has came to, I am not interested in any Power Commander I feel as they are in the Old Days IMO no offense to those that run them but I just feel your limited to what you can tune compared to the ECU Editor.

I have all the Bazzaz on mine, I need to figure it out, But it looks to be awesome. the tune that was on it was really rich, so I uploaded the slipon tune to try til I get it tuned on the Dyno

Is there somewhere with more info were I can find out more about the software?

Awesome Idea!!
I am not interested in any Power Commander I feel as they are in the Old Days IMO no offense to those that run them but I just feel your limited to what you can tune compared to the ECU Editor.

No problem cause the Editor is usefull to change or allow things that need done.

Use of the Power Commander is not down and out - just no way. Some of the worlds fastest Busa powered bikes/cars still use the PC or combo's of the PC and Editor. Just a fact.

I run both editor and PCv currently. Not everyone has access to a good tuner willing to use the editor and its your bike so why would you want someone spending most of the time trying to understand a new software and not making sure your bike is dang near perfect?? Its been my experience allot of mechanics have ADD, why give them more then 1 thing to consentrate on when they are already comfy with the PC?

That being said Editor is definatly the top choice if all factors are available and possible. I personally will be trying to find a way to get the bike to Frank at Powerhouse, at which point I will be purchasing new exhaust and having him tinker around with my mapping. Sometimes things just dont happen soon enough

The bottom line is editor is not real time tuning
And editors fuel table numbers are not
Comparable to a pc3,s duty cycle percentage
Changes.editor is fine for stock engines
Tuning as a dyno shop can build a library of maps
For stock engines with various exhaust etc.however
If u have a built motor with different size injectors
The comparison is like 12hrs to do vacuum and tp
Maps through editor properly compared to
3 hrs or less for a pc3/5.i know because ive done it the
Dear way and i know of others who
Kept quiet about their true cost of ground up
Editor flashing.by far the best compromise
Is to use flashing for timing,injector sizing
Rev limits etc then realtime fuel tune
With a pc3/5.you wear your pride and joy out
On the dyno,your 9hrs less on the dyno
Can more than pay for your pc3 and your in front.
If youve got a logger like a lm2 or dl32
You can get a tune with flashing pretty good
But thats for the tinkerers and not viable
For the tuneshops to do profitably.

The bottom line is editor is not real time tuning
And editors fuel table numbers are not
Comparable to a pc3,s duty cycle percentage
Changes.editor is fine for stock engines
Tuning as a dyno shop can build a library of maps
For stock engines with various exhaust etc.however
If u have a built motor with different size injectors
The comparison is like 12hrs to do vacuum and tp
Maps through editor properly compared to
3 hrs or less for a pc3/5.i know because ive done it the
Dear way and i know of others who
Kept quiet about their true cost of ground up
Editor flashing.by far the best compromise
Is to use flashing for timing,injector sizing
Rev limits etc then realtime fuel tune
With a pc3/5.you wear your pride and joy out
On the dyno,your 9hrs less on the dyno
Can more than pay for your pc3 and your in front.
If youve got a logger like a lm2 or dl32
You can get a tune with flashing pretty good
But thats for the tinkerers and not viable
For the tuneshops to do profitably.

Can you further explain what you mean by cant tune with ecu editor in "real time". I dont understand what you mean by that. Also from what I know with editor I think the reason it takes so long to dyno tune with it is that here is ALOT more variables to tune with compared to a PC. I use ecu editor along with a WEGOIII for drag racing my 08 and as the weather changes i can tune it and keep the et to within .02 all day long. Just tring to understand different points of view on this.
As far as the fuel tables not compatable with the pc that is true,but it depends on if it a GENI or GENII. If its a genI the pc is the better choice, but on GENII the PC tune will run waaayyy rich. It also depends on which set of injectors your tuning (upper or lower) with the PC. If you try to convert the PC map to ecu editor it could max out the duty cycle on 1 set of injectors and run rich. I experimented with this on mine using a PC map for my exhaust and converted it into editor and the afr was 10:1 very rich. I made my own map for racing and run it @ 13.2:1 .

What i mean by realtime is with a pc you can dial up
A load point on the dyno say 20% tp at 4000
And see its rich,you can then adjust the pc3
Numbers,press send and run it straight back up
To that load cell again and see the changes.if your
Even lazier u can just use tuning link and let it do it thing
At one a/f number.with editor you would either need
A logger or do a given throttle percentage sweep.save
The run on a printout,switch the bike off,look at the a/f
Guess how that relates to editors fuel numbers(not injector duty cycle numbers)
Flash in the changes waiting 3 minutes,start the bike
Rerun it again to see how close you got,save
It ,turn bike off,do another flash over and over.some
Will boast they can do it in 5 or 6 flashes but
Youve switched the bike off and on,the airbox is heatsoaked etc
The coolant temp is different from engine to radiator etc.
The bottom line is you see the bill for the tune
Climbing and you settle for near enough.i use
A dl32 on one bike and an Lm2 on another
Bike and i road tune the vacuum maps through
Flashing quite successfully but it takes
A long time and its my labour not paying
Someone 100hr to do it.bottom line is
As stated its only commercially viable for
Shops with a library of stock engine tunes and its
A big swallow to pay for a full ground up
Flash for a built motor with no base tune
To start with.flashing and pc3/5 is a good