Ecu Editor And 2 Step With Boosted Setup Question

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I'm having issues with the setup on my Gen 2 busa. I am trying to use the 2 step in ECU editor, however when I engage the 2 step, the air to fuel rises very high. I've verified my tune when the 2 step isn't engaged and the air to fuel is nice where it should be and very linear. However, once the 2 step engages, the air spikes up.

Everything I've tried to get the air to fuel back down to where it should be hasn't worked. Have any of you run into this?

You will have to ignor the A/F while on 2 step , when you cut the fuel or injector the cyl pumps air which will give a lean reading
you should only use the a/f readings whileidle, cruising or accelerating
even a failing spark plug will give an innacurate reading , if you think the motor develops a miss at any time while tuning discard that log or at least that part of the log

You can also have a lean reading on an o2 sensor if you kill ignition in general. The fuel will not be burned, and in turn it will not consume the oxygen. The o2 sensor simply reads the oxygen content in the exhaust. If the O2 isn't "consumed" it will read lean, even though there could be raw fuel dripping out of the exhaust.

Back