ECU differences

mike1180

Banned
I had a chance to pick up a spare ECU. My 2006 has an ECU with part number: 32920-24FK0.
Ron Ayers shows this part to work for all Busas, 1999 to 2007.
The part I picked up is: 32920-02FD0, which shows to work for 1999 to 2003.
Does anyone know the difference between these 2 ECU's and will the new one I got work on my bike?
Thanks guys!

Mike A

Dude you might have just gotten screwed there is a difference in ECU 1999-2003 have one then 2004-2007 have a different one

i thought 99-00 had their own
rock.gif

99-00 Same
01 One and only
02-07 Same

I believe you have a TL1000 ECU instead of a Busa ECU.

ea. ecu takes its own pcIII also
That is true.
I knew there was a reson why I didn't just try it in the bike.
It didn't feel right to do that.
My PC III will only work with my ECU.
Even if the other ECU would work, the PC III would not, and I probably would have blown something trying it.
It was cheap and returnable, so a good lesson to check here first if we are not sure!
THANKS!!

Mike A

Why was 01 different from the other years?
Speed limiter in 6th for one. The I don't know if there were other changes to the ECU. I was thinking something was different about the injectors.

The 99-01 had 16bit ECUs, upgraded to 32 bit in 02.
That is correct
99-00 16 Bit ECU
01 has a 16 Bit ECU but has a different harness for the injectors like the 02-07
02-07 has a 32 bit ECU

The reason to upgrade from a 16 bit to a 32 bit ECU is for ease of tuning. Bazzaz makes a piggy back ECU that self maps,it also has traction control and a quick shift module. It is not availible for the 99-00 Busas.

new to the forum and have a question. i just bought an 01 and was wondering about this whole 16bit ecu thing. is there a way to upgrade to the 32bit ecu without a whole new wiring harness and if so is it worth it? does a PowerCommander fix this or does the 01 take a 16bit version?

thanks in advance for the info. currently deployed and looking forward to getting home and taking my first ride on my new baby.

why not you plig it in and tell us if there is a difference. Actually i believe the hardware is the same, its probably the map that is different.

I needed new tank and plastics on my 06. I got my bike rebuilt by what turned out to be a shady mechanic :suspect:
who left me with worse tires and a couple other degraded parts, but I just checked and I have: 32920-24FK0
2002 - 2007

Since then I'll do the work myself or take it to a certified mechanic.

new to the forum and have a question. i just bought an 01 and was wondering about this whole 16bit ecu thing. is there a way to upgrade to the 32bit ecu without a whole new wiring harness and if so is it worth it? does a PowerCommander fix this or does the 01 take a 16bit version?

thanks in advance for the info. currently deployed and looking forward to getting home and taking my first ride on my new baby.

Yes you can upgrade to the 32bit ecu. You will need to source the ecu and the 02-07 rotor/stator. There are some other things that may need changing but you can cross that bridge when you get back.

Back