Ecm

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Hi everyone

Q: If you pull the battery will it erase the ECM? or doese it erase just the the codes.

Q: How could I return my ECM to Stock setting?
reason: when I had a map done the first time they dynoed it with the the PC but I ended up going back a few weeks later and let him know that it was jumpy at the bottom end so he took a teka and plug it in the ECM and added fuel .Now this brings up a new question.
Q: If you have a pc and you add fuel using a teka on the ECM dose the pc over ride it always or do they act a s one ?..

Thanks

Disconnect your PC and you are back to stock
wink.gif

What about the ECM ? How do I remove the the fuel that he added with the teka
Thanks for your responce

Yea I know but he hooked up a teka to the harness plug that is at the back of the bike that goes to the ECU its a big black plug and he ended up adding fuel straight to the ECU

Yea I know but he hooked up a teka to the harness plug that is at the back of the bike that goes to the ECU its a big black plug and he ended up adding fuel straight to the ECU
As far as I know you can't adjust the ECU...you can plug into a Powercommander and add fuel
rock.gif

he called it a ECM ,Hmmm. He said that he can map it with the stock computer and not with a usb Pc . Its just you cant adjust it like a usb pc. Damm, I seen him plug the teka in the big black plug and make a fuel adjustment cause I fished it out for him . oh well I just wanted it cleared back to stock and just woundering with the USB PC pluged in doese it over ride the on board PC.
Thank you:)

he called it a ECM ,Hmmm. He said that he can map it with the stock computer and not with a usb Pc . Its just you cant adjust it like a usb pc. Damm, I seen him plug the teka in the big black plug and make a fuel adjustment cause I fished it out for him . oh well I just wanted it cleared back to stock and just woundering with the USB PC pluged in doese it over ride the on board PC.
Thank you:)
Do you have a "Powercommander"
rock.gif
or a Yoshimura EMS

I think thats what they call it.

I don't know bro...I have a PCIIIR on one bike and a USB on another, they use a different cable but the fuel is added to the PC.

Its ok ,I know that a tunner can rewrite your onboard ECM if you dont have a Power commander he said he thats the way he has always done it ,he really dosent care for the power commander for the suzuki bikes . Hes a well know guy in the race world in his time and has all kinds of awards for building race bikes #### Schwarts or something like that . lol. anyway i know he hooked up a teka to the black plug in the rear of the bike on the clutch side about where you would get the white connector for the TPS ,but this one is a pretty good size blk. conn. with multiple wires and has a cap on it its not pluged into anything but you can plug in a teka and alter the on board pc . Thanks anyway for your responces I very much appreciate it.
smile.gif

Its ok ,I know that a tunner can rewrite your onboard ECM if you dont have a Power commander he said he thats the way he has always done it ,he really dosent care for the power commander for the suzuki bikes . Hes a well know guy in the race world in his time and has all kinds of awards for building race bikes #### Schwarts or something like that . lol. anyway i know he hooked up a teka to the black plug in the rear of the bike on the clutch side about where you would get the white connector for the TPS ,but this one is a pretty good size blk. conn. with multiple wires and has a cap on it its not pluged into anything but you can plug in a teka and alter the on board pc . Thanks anyway for your responces I very much appreciate it.
smile.gif
From what i have read the chip can be burnt not sure though .This a question for JohnnyCheese or GoldenChild..

Here is what he had sent .

Quote: okay hold on I will try to make this short.
all codes are erased once the key is turned off.
only a TEKA can bring the ecu back to OEM settings IF the one who programmed it remembers what and where he added it.
the TEKA is like the old three dail Yosh boxes that reflash the chip to add or subtract injector pluse duration. so it stays in the chip and the PC3 only changes the pluse after the ecu hence a good mapper can still map the pc3 even after a TEKA has been use (it will just be a really one of a kind map) I have done it and I do not think there was one positive number in the whole map and a lot of -35's

Back