EBC Extreme Pro Pads! S W E E T

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Has anyone tried these pads "EBC Extreme Pro"? A friend gave me a set for my GSXR1K and I actually think I'm in love? Talk about a sweet feel.

I've done three track days on this set and am amazed at how well they work. Good grip, EXTREMELY GOOD FEEL and don't seem to fade with heat. The best thing is, after three track days and tons of stoppies, I don't think they have lost anything in grip or feel.

Only drawback is price. They are spendy but EBC claims they will last longer than the HH pads? We'll see?

If you don't mind the cost, I'd certainly recommend you try a set!

:beerchug:

can you say 2 finger "Stoppie" :rofl:

The progressive feel of the brakes on these is pretty amazing...

Tuf, those were the pads I put on at Bash... amazing but I would add the caveat that anyone grabbing a hand full of brakes on these in a panic stop could find the front tire doing bad things..

(didnt we talk about this already? :) )

Last edited:
I'm going to have to look into this. I rode a Buell 1125CR this weekend on a demo ride that had the ZTL2 brake system on it. It had amazing stopping power with just the slightest touch of the lever. When I hopped back on my bike to ride home, I was embarassed by how poorly my brakes performed. I really want to get some new pads now, but mine seem to have tons of wear left on them. I may have to accelerate the changeout for my birthday regardless of wear life.

I'm going to have to look into this. I rode a Buell 1125CR this weekend on a demo ride that had the ZTL2 brake system on it. It had amazing stopping power with just the slightest touch of the lever. When I hopped back on my bike to ride home, I was embarassed by how poorly my brakes performed. I really want to get some new pads now, but mine seem to have tons of wear left on them. I may have to accelerate the changeout for my birthday regardless of wear life.
careful what you ask for :) we spoke wit a couple Buell owners that were burned by the brakes on those bikes.. That big old perimeter brake is nice until they got in the rain or panic situations.. (too much brake)

IMO, the Busa brakes have a safety margin built in.. (allows some errors) but will still lock the front tire in stock form..

My stoppies improved immediately after the Extreme Pro install. It wasn't the braking power but the feel. The feel is such a smooth controlled application. Gives me a Woodie every time I stand it on the nose tire :cheerleader:

Actually, I don't think the grip is any better than the standard HH pads but the feel that makes such a difference. Trail braking into a high speed corner is much more confidence inspiring with these pads.

I find the HH pads loose much of that initial bite after a single track day and the Extreme Pros seem to keep those inspiring tendenances much longer and maybe until the end. I haven't got that far just yet?

If you are a HH user, I'd suggest you spend another 40 bucks and give the Extreme Pro's a shot. However, if you are on touring tires such as the PR2's or Roadsmart, BTO21 etc and are unfamiliar with power brakes, you may not be well served with these pads. A panic reaction with these pads attached to a touring tire may lock your tire instantly with a hand full of brake.

I'm sure enjoying my newly found favorite pads though! :beerchug:

Now, since we are on the subject, I have a question for you guys. I have EBC HH pads since July of last year, had about 5k miles on them including at least 2 track days.

A short time ago I was riding to a track day. On the highway, the cars slowed down suddenly, and I applied the front pretty aggressively but not abruptly. A second or two later I am thinking "the damn thing is barely slowing down", and I applied more, at which point the front locked and I went down. The damage was minimal, and I managed to ride home.

The next weekend I went riding to make sure the bike was OK, and to test the brakes. I noticed that the freaking brakes did not provide the initial bite they used to (or supposed to). I was braking so many times, and took the front to almost lock up that weekend, but the initial bite was not there.

Is it possible the pads got glazed. I already ordered a new pads, and didn't have a chance to look at my current pads. But this whole situation is so odd because I've taken the front to almost lock up so many times, and never had this happened (mostly on the track, and a few times on the street).

Now, thinking back, this is not the first set of EBC HH I had, and my previous sets did not exibit the issue (or I did not pay attention). However, only having this latest set of EBC HH I was regularly doing high speed bursts followed by a single aggressive brake application (i.e. slowing down from 170 to 70 in one movement). Could this paly a role?

Now, since we are on the subject, I have a question for you guys. I have EBC HH pads since July of last year, had about 5k miles on them including at least 2 track days.

A short time ago I was riding to a track day. On the highway, the cars slowed down suddenly, and I applied the front pretty aggressively but not abruptly. A second or two later I am thinking "the damn thing is barely slowing down", and I applied more, at which point the front locked and I went down. The damage was minimal, and I managed to ride home.

The next weekend I went riding to make sure the bike was OK, and to test the brakes. I noticed that the freaking brakes did not provide the initial bite they used to (or supposed to). I was braking so many times, and took the front to almost lock up that weekend, but the initial bite was not there.

Is it possible the pads got glazed. I already ordered a new pads, and didn't have a chance to look at my current pads. But this whole situation is so odd because I've taken the front to almost lock up so many times, and never had this happened (mostly on the track, and a few times on the street).

Now, thinking back, this is not the first set of EBC HH I had, and my previous sets did not exibit the issue (or I did not pay attention). However, only having this latest set of EBC HH I was regularly doing high speed bursts followed by a single aggressive brake application (i.e. slowing down from 170 to 70 in one movement). Could this paly a role?
I have about 250 track miles on my Extremes... they still feel the same on the initial application.. (very quick and VERY progressive) I think TufBusa put it the best way... "PowerBrakes"

My HH pads were always a bit soft on the first use (never did a track day with them however)

I did have one "panic" brake on the track when another "novice" "parked" his bike in the only really tight corner and 3 of us about drove up his tailpipe.. I had the back tire off the ground skipping but the brake still felt 'under control' scared me pretty good.. The 170 down to 70 sounds like turn one at the only track I have run but it did not seem to hurt the pads at all..

Last edited:
I develop brake pads for the trucking industry so I know a little about brake compounds. As with all new brake pads you need to burnish them in at first with several brake applications so that the pad is making proper contact with the opposing surface. Also with many brake pad materials, they need to warm up a bit before they reach their full effectiveness. This is especially true for pad materials designed for the track. For those using more aggressive brake pads you will want to take into consideration the possibility of increased wear rate of the rotors.

Last edited:
Tuf!!

Awesome stuff man! I WILL buy me a new set and take your word for it. It's about time for a new set of pads myself. My HH's are fried from the last 1 1/2 seasons of trackdays. Feel has always been an important component for me when it comes to hard/progressive braking. It's like getting off the throttle later to make a super late pass on someone on corner entry, but using the brakes as a "reverse accelerator/throttle?"

The pads AND rotors need to be up to temp, BEFORE they are gonna be at their best. Cruising down the highway for a while...then in a panic stop they are not gonna have much initial bite.

today I have just received them motommumy of the USA :thumbsup:

I will test them this weekend, I hope to have finally a corrosive good!:whistle:

here is my nose gear : https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/108542-new-brake-calipers-2.html

haya%20009.jpg

I also have the front 2009 GSXR 1000 monobloc calipers installed (got the idea from Full, thanks for the info!) as well as the 1000's Master brake cylinder and the braking feel is very, very nice. I only have the HH pads currently and they seem to work very well. Not sure if the upgrade is warranted?
Pics:

_MG_1403 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1451.jpg

_MG_1450 - Version 2.jpg

Rumble Ripper.

_MG_1451.jpg

_MG_1403 - Version 2.jpg

_MG_1450 - Version 2.jpg

I think you guys will enjoy these new pads from EBC. Cost a bit more but IMO worth every dime!

Back