ebay fairings

tmpowdercoating

Donating Member
Registered
any one seen or have one of the fairing sets off ebay? whole set tyd for under $600. just wondering if they are any good.

I installed one on my brother-in-law's wrecked 07 GSXR-1000 and it was a pure pain. Once we got it on it looked fairly good, especially for the money. Just be prepared to drill and re-fit almost every piece because they're by far the worst fitting aftermarket products I've ever dealt with.

I installed one on my brother-in-law's wrecked 07 GSXR-1000 and it was a pure pain. Once we got it on it looked fairly good, especially for the money. Just be prepared to drill and re-fit almost every piece because they're by far the worst fitting aftermarket products I've ever dealt with.

Heard the same story every time( BEWARE)

All those fairings are made in China. There is one seller who seems to be selling injected molded fairings which I think are probabaly superior to the pressed fairings. You can get to their ebay site here!

Look Here!

I bought a set I tried to mount one piece got one side on and saw the holes were so far off said screw it and sent em back and got my money back.

I'll get pics and the seller name that just sold a complete set of plastics for a buddys '01 GSXR 1000- ABS, a great fit, and a quality paint job- a black base with dark burgandy flames. $490's shipped!! :thumbsup: I was dumbfounded and impressed all at the same time. For that price, I would have never even gave it a second look, thinking it must be junk. Really, it's a steal:beerchug: I'll get some info and pics over the weekend

Another thing to consider when buying them is the shipping. If you decide you want to send them back, they don't refund the shipping. Not only will you be out the $230 or so you paid to get it here but you'll be paying close to that to send it back. Almost not worth it imo.

im gonna get an auctmart set most likely.. and do a writeup for the .org.

I have been researching for awhile.. and he seems to be the best overall. I followed a 30 page thread on another site with him posting and seeing the pics and posts from buyers.

If it doesnt seem to be what you thought, why not resell on ebay for 50 dollars less than they are asking? You are out 50 bucks and learned a lesson. And they dont have to wait for them to come from china.

I sent aucmart an email on there fairings trying to get free shipping they said if i ordered them i can get a free wind screen and it would be 560 out the door hit them up and see if you can work out a deal. Japan knows we are poor over here lol.

purchased a set for an 08 busa and well.... you really get what you pay for... the fitment was fair. the holes and mounting tabs lined up however they were very flimsy. had to reinforced with jb weld. paint color was off from one piece to the next. the front fender is super flimsy! for the price... simply not worth it. find a used complete set on ebay and call it a day!

Hey if you guys think you can buy the slightest set of decent stuff for $560,you should look in the mirror first....the paint can't be that good,the prep can't be good,nor can the grade of glass,think how much time it even takes to prep 1 good piece of glass,wonder if they work for $10 a hour over there?a track day race bike they maybe okay but wouldn't put on noone's street bike..

Gotta go with the that and $10.00 an hour is being generous but at the same time now a days money what it is it may be a needed evil for some just plan on a lot of fitment time mediocre refinish and possibly some reaming of holes.

big orange.. who was the ebayer you purchased from out of curiousity?

ebay seller moto-777...

Honestly to tell you the truth... these cheap ABS fairings are just a waste of money and time:(. The lower part near where the exhaust comes out has warped just from the engine idling!!!

I just finished installing my new ebay fairings to my bike. They were supposed to come with a matching tank cover which I incurred a little extra charge to get it painted. They did mount up quite nicely. I was only bummed about the tank cover not showing up. I agree with big-orange in that the bottom that connects to the belly pan has warped from the heat, but all is good. Here is a pic!

CIMG0981.jpg

looks nice dude......bt did u get ur tank painted to match the fairings ??

tinkin of getting a Rizla motoGp fairing.......hmmmm :whistle:

Last edited:
Back