Ebay choked with "bling bling" hayabusas

84NinjaDreamin

Registered
After doing an Ebay search I noticed that there are dozens of "bling bling"(I hate this imbecilic term) bikes. Why are they being dumped after their owners "invested" 10-20k to make them look ridiculous. Anyone have an idea? Is it that the ZX-14s in town, or the '07 Busa that's coming, or simply because winter's coming, or just a combination of all of these things?

Kurt

It's a matter of "All the people i know have seen this bike and now i need something new"

The novelty has either worn off, they've recieved a speeding ticket and their insurance has went through the roof, they pinned the throttle open the other day for the first time and scared themselves silly...or finally, they just got the Visa bill for all that chrome they just bought... Take your pick.
I myself am into these blinged busa's. Lowered and extended, but i ride the hell outta mine. Almost 18K miles on mine.

I see the same thing all the time on Ebay.... "04' Busa, 430 miles(Beach miles) $20K in chrome with a new 300 rear)

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155695661 -->

Somebody's trying to get a nibble. Please don't fall for it....
lurk.gif

It figures...Another pessimist/skeptic or person who fancies being the first to say "troll"...

GMBusa- I think you are right on about the novelty factor. Didn't think of this one. Its just surprising how people buy a Busa and pour their life savings in to one only to dump it a year later. Seems silly.

It's a great deal send them your money
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155705313 -->

It has to do with the guys in Nigeria, Estonia, Poland, Czeska, etc etc etc trying to make some money based on what they don't really have. Those guys gather a bunch of pics from enthusiast sites and then make a ridiculous buy it now offer but when it comes down to it they ask for western union and promise they'll send the bike forward air.

Thanks for the info guys.

BTW, the only Ninja that I love is the '84, so don't be biased by my screen name. I love the Busa, especially the '99 Copper
smile.gif

It has to do with the guys in Nigeria, Estonia, Poland, Czeska, etc etc etc trying to make some money based on what they don't really have. Those guys gather a bunch of pics from enthusiast sites and then make a ridiculous buy it now offer but when it comes down to it they ask for western union and promise they'll send the bike forward air.
Yep for sure. I was interested in a Boxster that seemed to good to be true (price wise). Contacted ebay and was told SCAM!!!! Don't ever send money to an "agent" who will hold the money until you inspect and approved of the vehicle!

I went on a Sportbike web page the other day looking for a GSXR750 and the bike in there were so cheap I fig it had to be a scam. They had a CBR954 with 2500 miles 04 for 4300.00 or a Busa with 4000 miles 03 for 4500.00.

I almost fell for one of those scams when I first was looking. Found one in Miami, was going to fly down and check it out, even had a Miami phone number (called and it was a wrong number). He emailed me and said he moved out of country but he would ship the bike to me for free...He was going to use a service like paypal that held the money until I recieved the bike. the site looked legit, it was a website designed to look like the original. I emailed ebay and they started looking into it.... It was before ebay had all the warnings up about the western union scams.... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

Same with me when i was looking for a used chromed out Busa a few years ago. When i saw the Ebay ad, the fact that the city was near me made me want to get the bike since it as advertised with a fair price. ($5K) I kept telling myself, "nah, it's not a scam" only to find out it was after i Emailed for an address. I recieved the whole "I'm in spain, and i'll ship it...blah,blah,blah) I was ticked, but was grateful that i realized it was a scam.

Back